What's new

Computer Won't Switch On

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TRH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, My computer won't boot-up anymore, it switches on but doesn't do anything, I relised I had the CPU fan duct blocked for a week, has what I think happened, has the CPU burned out?

Thanks for any help in advance.

T

Tw1zt3d Modz

Rock N Rolla
Reaction score
Yes most likely your cpu is gone.

S

Stealth212

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes your CPU is more than likely fried.
When you press the power button on your computer does the green light come on? Can you hear the HDD start? If any of this happens your motherboard should be fine, if the lights dont come on you may have a bigger problem.

D

digitalhigh

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Could also be a fried power supply. If you have an extra computer lying around, throw another power supply in and see if it works. If still nothing, then yes, the CPU is toast.

T

TRH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes your CPU is more than likely fried.

:frown:, guess it would be a good idea to replace it with a faster speed :biggrin:.

When you press the power button on your computer does the green light come on?

Yes

Can you hear the HDD start?

I can't hear it

If any of this happens your motherboard should be fine

I hope so

Thank You. +Rep :smile:

Edit: After Googleing my PC Spec it says my CPU is a...

Intel Core2 Duo processor
Intel Pentium dual-core processor

Now, I'm lost as to which 1 I can buy, can anyone help Thanks.

T

TRH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I didnt have a spare PSU but I do have a spare PC without a PSU, so I tried the PSU in the PC without 1 and it works fine, so will that mean I'll need to buy a new CPU for my PC?

Thank You.

S

Stealth212

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the easiest way to find a complatible CPU is to get the model number of the Motherboard, If you can just post that on here id be more than happy to send you in the right direction. And yes the only thing you should need is a CPU.

A

Amuze

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This happened to me about three months ago, the power supply unit inside the tower unit had burnt out, I replaced it and everything is working fine. Try and get it replaced and see if you have any luck with it. If not it could be that the motherboard has been cooked due to a lack of air circulation. I hope you get this fixed :wink:

T

TRH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I can't see any model number but this is my computer, http://www.microwarehouse.co.uk/catalogue/item/ACPC0071

Amuze, my PSU is fine, I've tried it in another computer, :smile:

S

Stealth212

Enthusiast
Reaction score
from what ive came up with, sounds like these two CPU's should work

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007671+50001028+600005861&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&IsNodeId=1&Subcategory=343&description=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

and im pretty sure this is your Motherboard

http://www.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=loNjR1kiB2uHkijb&content=specifications

K

KiNG MaGiiK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If green light comes on your MOBO should be fine. Just hope it's your CPU. Only real way to find out is buy new one and put it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom