What's new

Computer Won't Start

goss34

goss34

Shodan's Insect
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, I am building a new PC and I have almost all the parts. I only need the CPU and the GPU. The GPU isn't necessary I know that, but when I try to power it on just to see if the fans come on and and lights work, they only turn on for 1-2 seconds and turn off. I then have to wait till the fans have stopped till I can try again. I have a MSI Z77A-G41 mobo.

ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, I am building a new PC and I have almost all the parts. I only need the CPU and the GPU. The GPU isn't necessary I know that, but when I try to power it on just to see if the fans come on and and lights work, they only turn on for 1-2 seconds and turn off. I then have to wait till the fans have stopped till I can try again. I have a MSI Z77A-G41 mobo.
If you don't have a CPU it's not going to turn on...

goss34

goss34

Shodan's Insect
Reaction score
Sin$
If you don't have a CPU it's not going to turn on...
It won't even just give power to the mobo and fans? Just keep turning off? I don't need the BIOS. Just want to see if everything works so far.

ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It won't even just give power to the mobo and fans? Just keep turning off? I don't need the BIOS. Just want to see if everything works so far.
It will do exactly what you said it did. They will come on for a second then the mobo will power the system off when it detects there is no CPU.

goss34

goss34

Shodan's Insect
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, thanks for your help. My PC is gonna look badass once I finish it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register