What's new

Computer Won't Start

goss34

goss34

Shodan's Insect
Reaction score
Okay, I am building a new PC and I have almost all the parts. I only need the CPU and the GPU. The GPU isn't necessary I know that, but when I try to power it on just to see if the fans come on and and lights work, they only turn on for 1-2 seconds and turn off. I then have to wait till the fans have stopped till I can try again. I have a MSI Z77A-G41 mobo.

ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Okay, I am building a new PC and I have almost all the parts. I only need the CPU and the GPU. The GPU isn't necessary I know that, but when I try to power it on just to see if the fans come on and and lights work, they only turn on for 1-2 seconds and turn off. I then have to wait till the fans have stopped till I can try again. I have a MSI Z77A-G41 mobo.
If you don't have a CPU it's not going to turn on...

goss34

goss34

Shodan's Insect
Reaction score
If you don't have a CPU it's not going to turn on...
It won't even just give power to the mobo and fans? Just keep turning off? I don't need the BIOS. Just want to see if everything works so far.

ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
It won't even just give power to the mobo and fans? Just keep turning off? I don't need the BIOS. Just want to see if everything works so far.
It will do exactly what you said it did. They will come on for a second then the mobo will power the system off when it detects there is no CPU.

goss34

goss34

Shodan's Insect
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for your help. My PC is gonna look badass once I finish it.