• Views 292
Status
Not open for further replies.
N0xMEANSxN0

N0xMEANSxN0

Forgive and Forget
Reaction score
Sin$
So i set my laptop to sleep and when i came back the screen wouldn't come on. I waited half an hour and then shut it off. now when i power it on nothing on the screen comes up. It has Led's which come on, the disk drive functions, but after 2 minutes it restarts and just keeps doing that over and over. Any suggestions? Thank you all.

lowpro

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Programmer Mythical Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
When it boots, press f11 (I think, or f2/3) to go into the configurator, and try and boot into safe mode. Does it boot?

N0xMEANSxN0

N0xMEANSxN0

Forgive and Forget
Reaction score
Sin$
Windows Vista?
When it boots, press f11 (I think, or f2/3) to go into the configurator, and try and boot into safe mode. Does it boot?
Yeah vista :frown: i cant go into any options to re-install the os or anything, all it does is turn on, the cd drive/hard drive turn on and then it doesnt do anything, then restart it's self. I planned on installing win8 on it in a few days but :tongue: I have a monitor plugged in to see if it was the screen but nothing on the monitor comes on either(I have no idea how to switch the screens) I have done a hard reset twice and nothing

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah vista :frown: i cant go into any options to re-install the os or anything, all it does is turn on, the cd drive/hard drive turn on and then it doesnt do anything, then restart it's self. I planned on installing win8 on it in a few days but :tongue: I have a monitor plugged in to see if it was the screen but nothing on the monitor comes on either(I have no idea how to switch the screens) I have done a hard reset twice and nothing
Common problem with Vista. Get a lot of customers in our store with it. Pull out the battery and turn it on. Then, either don't let it go into sleep mode anymore, or just turn off the sleep mode option.

If desktop then pull the power cord out.

N0xMEANSxN0

N0xMEANSxN0

Forgive and Forget
Reaction score
Sin$
Common problem with Vista. Get a lot of customers in our store with it. Pull out the battery and turn it on. Then, either don't let it go into sleep mode anymore, or just turn off the sleep mode option.

it is a laptop, and the no battery thing didnt work :frown: but it hasnt reset its self yet 

nevermind, its resetting now

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
it is a laptop, and the no battery thing didnt work :frown: but it hasnt reset its self yet 

nevermind, its resetting now
If you take the battery off, it's off. If it still isn't turning on then its more then a sleeping issue. If you can't get into safe mode then reinstall the OS off boot is your best bet. If that don't work then it's probably hardware.

N0xMEANSxN0

N0xMEANSxN0

Forgive and Forget
Reaction score
Sin$
If you take the battery off, it's off. If it still isn't turning on then its more then a sleeping issue. If you can't get into safe mode then reinstall the OS off boot is your best bet. If that don't work then it's probably hardware.
It turns on without the battery, but it does the same thing. I tried running it without the hard drive and RAM, but nothing is working. I'll take it to a shop tomorrow and if it can't be fixed/ too expensive to fix, I'll scrap it for parts. Thank you for your assistance.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It turns on without the battery, but it does the same thing. I tried running it without the hard drive and RAM, but nothing is working. I'll take it to a shop tomorrow and if it can't be fixed/ too expensive to fix, I'll scrap it for parts. Thank you for your assistance.
Do you still have the charger plugged in? It's not possible for it to turn on without the battery.

N0xMEANSxN0

N0xMEANSxN0

Forgive and Forget
Reaction score
Sin$
Then unplug it lmfao. Unplug it and take out the battery. It'll be shut down. You should then be able to start it up normally again.
I did that already xD it does the exact same thing.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I did that already xD it does the exact same thing.
Alright. If you did all that, then it's more then a sleeping issue as I said. Especially if you already tried reseeding the memory. Take it into a shop and see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register