• Views 544
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xxxhitmanxxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
my speakers are plugged in and everything and its not working, i just got windows xp freshly installed and i cant get the volume to work, not even with the headset.

B

BackFire

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
xxxhitmanxxx said:
my speakers are plugged in and everything and its not working, i just got windows xp freshly installed and i cant get the volume to work, not even with the headset.

It may be a missing driver or something. If not, go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Volume Control and make sure all the mute boxes are unchecked.

X

xxxhitmanxxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what would the driver be called, its not cause when i try to do what u said it says "there are no active mixer devices available

S

Saiyan

Reaction score
Sin$
if its onboard sound card, then its most likely realtek, if you put your own in, google the drivers needed for that sound card.

X

xxxhitmanxxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
theres a few things under other devices in my hardware manager including, Ethernet Controller, pci device, pci simple communications controller, sm bus controller, usb cable modem, video controller, video controller (vga compatible). Which one of those is it?

it came with my computer but i had to reinstall windows xp cause my comp broke and i dont know what it is and dont have a disk for it

S

Saiyan

Reaction score
Sin$
ok then its most likely a realtek card, here are the drivers for it.

Code:
http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/ac97.html

X

xxxhitmanxxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i got that but i dont know which driver to use it on cause there are a few that arent

i ran that but still doesn't work. I remember back when it did work i had that realtek sound device manager tho

X

xxxhitmanxxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
my volume plugins are all on one big metal thing with the rest of my mouse keyboard moniter plugins on the back of my computer and my volume ones wont work.

X

xxxhitmanxxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
can someone please give me some advice my computer has no sounds and computers suck alot more without being able to hear anything

this is what it says when i try to open volume control
volumeerror.jpg

Nightcast

Nightcast

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Your going to need to find out what kind of sound card you have.
Whats kind of computer do you have.

G

gamer vc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if u had a prebuilt comp please tell us what model it is so we can give u wan answer and advice so u can it fixed

X

xxxhitmanxxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i bought it from the store, nothing on it of my own, it is a emachines, i dont know where the model # is but under the emachine it says T5026 on the sticker on the front.

X

xxxhitmanxxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what do i do with that, theres a couple if things in it

nm got it

X

xxxhitmanxxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yes thanks you so much, ive been getting angry with the volume not working so thank you very much

G

gamer vc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hey i told you to tell what emachine u had which then allowed nightcast to get yur drivers so i deserve a thanks also

G

gamer vc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hey why did my post get deleted nighcast please dont delete my post im just saying that i told him to post what type of e machine he had

G

gamer vc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
good job night cast for helping him i had nothing to do with this
dont delete this for the 3rd time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register