What's new

Computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kryptic

Reaction score
My problem is that whenever I try and open anything, like folders, programs, control panel options, even run cmd I get the message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
The only way that I am accessing the internet right now is because I have a shortcut on my desktop to a bookmark on firefox - that seems to be the only thing that works (I will get the same message if I try and open the internet). So please help me out with my problem, which is probably a virus. Thanks.

M

modz4bud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't mean it's a virus. What OS are you running? XP, Vista, 7.. ?

Whatever OS you're on, have you tried logging in as Administrator? Maybe you are on a limited account.

If you are on an Admin account, then something is probably messed up with your system32. Have you also tried right clicking the things you are not able to open up and change their permissions manually?

Give us some more information so we can properly diagnose the problem. Have you recently downloaded any games,music,applications, etc.. Do you have an Anti-Virus?

G

Gloriousreaping

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pry a Read only checked box on ur C:\ drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom