Computer People!! I Need Help Quick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imlose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i have an acer aspire one laptop, had it for about 4 months now, its the windows xp one...and heres my problem, i cannot view the wireless networks.. the little icon that is usually in the notification bar is now gone, but im sure..somewhere that there is a way to still view them all, i have tried everything i know. I just need to know how to view them..my little borther was on it, and now its not working..

i know there are a few other paths you can take to get there.

Pieceman

Pieceman

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Make sure that the wireless switch it turned on. Not sure where yours is, but mine is on the bottom of my laptop. Also I believe you can get to wireless networks through your control panel. I know you can through Vista but it's been a while since I've played with XP.

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Start > My Network Places > View Network Connections

Or

Start > My Computer > My Network Places > View Network Connections

I

imlose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, my WLAN switch is on, are i have tried viewing the network connections for there.. THERE USED TO BE OPTIONS OVER MANY PLACES OF THE CONTROL PANEL AND OTHER PLACES THAT SAID "VIEW WIRELESS CONNECTIONS IN AREA".. NO LONGER THERE!!

What do i do?? i am on a really slow computer right now, and i am sick of it.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Drivers might have been deleted.

Right Click "Computer" (vista/win7) or "My Computer" (W2K, NT, XP) go to "Properties". From there, click "Device Manager". Look under the "Network Adapters" section to see if your wireless connection is even recognized. If it is, check to make sure it's enabled and working properly (Right-click, select "Properties"). If it isn't, right-click the root node (your computer's name) and click "Scan for hardware changes", your network card should then be recognized, and since the drivers were once on your system, they are stored in-case you re-install it (aka it will install correctly).

M

MoRa

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Update your drivers or install them. Go to a friends house and look up your information for your drivers.

I

imlose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont need to go to a friends house... i have 3 more laptops and 2 more desktops.. and i tried all the things yall said.. it said that everything was working properly, so i was sure system restore would work, but no.. it did not work..

i am still internetless on this my acer aspire one... i can plug a internet chord into it, and then it works fine, but i will be upstairs with it and need my wireless to work..

Does anybody think it could be my wireless card? could i buy a really fancy one that has like double the range?

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You could buy a new card, though it probably doesn't need to be a 'fancy' one

I

imlose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
But want a fancy one.. lol, i want to be able to work at a further range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register