Computer Freezes when I plug in my Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Beezy 4 sheezy, Jan 2, 2009 with 13 replies and 7,684 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beezy 4 sheezy

Beezy 4 sheezy Banned

Ratings:
    So I install jungle flasher and when I get to the part where I have to plug in my 360 dvd drive it always freezes. What am I doing wrong?

omg can somone help soon?

2. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Same thing happens for me:thumbdown:

3. OP
    Beezy 4 sheezy

Beezy 4 sheezy Banned

Ratings:
    what sata chipset do you have?

4. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
  5. OP
    Beezy 4 sheezy

Beezy 4 sheezy Banned

Ratings:
    what driver version do you have? you go to device manager to see.
    I wonder f its the drivers.

6. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:

7. OP
    Beezy 4 sheezy

Beezy 4 sheezy Banned

Ratings:
    ohh mines 5.1.2600.410

This is hella gay. I bet you it's our sata card. Did you ever flash a 360 b4 with the same card?

8. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Yeah, i flashed a benq for my friend, that was on a differnt computer though, same sata card

Right now im trying to flash a samsung

9. OP
    Beezy 4 sheezy

Beezy 4 sheezy Banned

Ratings:
    oh wow
    do you know what motherboard?

help??

10. tOxiC x

tOxiC x Member

Ratings:
    I found the solution for all you people who freeze. It happened to my friends computer. Uninstall your drivers, via Device Manager.

To get to Device Manager goto Start > Right-Click My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager.

Uninstall the Via Raid Controller and restart your system. Don't reinstall when it boots back up !

11. googleme

googleme Newbie

Ratings:
    hmm - watever happen to the rest of the help? I am in need of this help. My drive still freezes even after uninstalling the drives.

Can anyone else help?

12. ricepicker13

ricepicker13 Newbie

Ratings:
    this same damn thing keeps happening to me, right when i plug the drive to my pc it freezes and as soon as i unplug it the pc unfreezes, if i start the pc with the dvd drive hooked up to the pc with the xbox on and running the pc won't freeze up but when i do that the pc won't read the sata card , and just like you said it only happen with samsung, i flashed a benq right after i tried flashing the samsung and it worked fine, i have tried uninstalling the sata driver, and still nothing. if anyone knows or can think of a possible solution to my problem here please let me know, thank you.:cursing::?:.(

13. stx103

stx103 Newbie

Ratings:
    if you are using the ck3 kit then ensure that the kit is on a power cable on its own. don't power it with another item such as the dvd drive or hard drive.

i was having the same problem, but when i powered it on its ownm, it worked perfectly.

hope this helps

14. jojomorales

jojomorales Newbie

Ratings:
    I have the same problem. Uninstalled drivers, but then my computer does not see the xbox drive. Very frustrating. I read that powering the xbox down, holding the drive tray open, and then restarting helps. Has anyone heard of this working? Any other ideas? I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. Weird thing is that I had previously flashed it a couple of times with the computer not freezing (it would hang a little though). It said it flashed successfully to LT and the backups would not play. Any thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.