• Thread starter Ephemeral
  • Start date
  • Views 1,461
E

Ephemeral

Memento Mori
Reaction score
Sin$
So im trying to figure out what i did wrong, i just built my brother a computer all parts are compatible, when i go to boot the computer to bios it just starts running for about 10 seconds with no display output and then shuts off and starts up again and repeats. Here is the build.
Cpu: Amd Ryzen 5 3600
Gpu: Geforce Rtx 2060 super
Ram: Vengence 2 × 8gb
Mobo: B450
Power supply: 550watt gold certified
Ssd: Samsung 1tb
any help would be appreciated.

JordDev

JordDev

Developer
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you checked the RAM modules, I had a similar issue not too long ago, well it sounds similar, mine was making a beeping sound, all I needed todo was make sure the RAM cards were touching the pins correctly.

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
When I use the power calculator you are near 500 watts needed.
And that is just with the products you listed and no disk drive or anything else you might have left out. It almost sounds like there isnt enough power to keep the rig going.
But first thing I would do is check to make sure that gfx card is seated properly.

DoX Hoster

DoX Hoster

Wisdom is Knowledge Knowledge is Power
Programmer 10th Anniversary Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Had same problem most times it freezes after booting to home screen i was checking up on it and maybe could be a faulty ram the chip i had was a old 4gb so i replaced it with a new 8gb and fixed the problem.

Madman

Madman

I'm just living life, as if I live twice.
Reaction score
Sin$
Double check the connection of all components. I once made the mistake of leaving my SSD drive UN-plugged when I was cleaning it and thought I broke my computer for a minute.

Bad Influence

Bad Influence

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So im trying to figure out what i did wrong, i just built my brother a computer all parts are compatible, when i go to boot the computer to bios it just starts running for about 10 seconds with no display output and then shuts off and starts up again and repeats. Here is the build.
Cpu: Amd Ryzen 5 3600
Gpu: Geforce Rtx 2060 super
Ram: Vengence 2 × 8gb
Mobo: B450
Power supply: 550watt gold certified
Ssd: Samsung 1tb
any help would be appreciated.
How many beeps?

if it's 4 than it's RAM issue

Top Bottom
Login
Register