• Views 13,311
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TORO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Complete Rip, Stealth and Burn Tutorial for the 360!

How to use....

Ripping - by kreon, 0800, and WxRipper

Stealth - by ABGX 360

Burn - by IMGBurn

The settings are pretty much the same but i revised the ABGX part for those who ask if anything has changed or updated.

Updated ABGX settings 4/28/09 Tut revised for ABGX360 1.0.1
New link posted below!

New ABGX 1.0.1 downloads:
Rapidshare
Megaupload

Original Tut.
http://rapidshare.com/files/20369986...plete_TORO.pdf

F

FRABAR

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
why not just post the tutorial in text instead of making it a .pdf and have people download it?..

Or find a website that can host the .pdf so people don't need to downloading it and fear it might be a virus

T

TORO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its easier for me to distribute a PDF i dont feel like going through 25 screen shots to post in here to post on one site. A PDF was better to distribute all around to multiple sites. Sorry if people are getting a little nervous about downloading the PDF from the sites i picked.

Also to anyone reading this post. Im sorry im not trying to bash on anyone but dont use the "how to use ABGX" by soapy. Its not completely correct, mine is.

His/her tut does not include the use of splitvid. So at this time M$ is not doing any checks on the use of splitvid but that could change at anytime. Better safe than sorry. Also it is said that 1.4 emulates the video layers. Like i said better safe than sorry. You never know when they will start checking for it.

A

azzhair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Great tutorial.
1 question though. does it matter if i stealth patch my games? and can i use dvd Decrypeter instead of img burn?

T

TORO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The newest firmware will not boot anything that is not stealth patched. Also if your games are not stealth patched you will be banned from LIVE no doubt about that.
So yes its good to stealth patch if you want to be able to play on live and recieve system updates.

You can use DVD Decrypter if you want you will have to set the layerbreak for it though.

With DVDDecrypter open go to "Tools > Settings> ISO Write Mode." Under the sub menu "options" Click "User Specified" and put in the layerbreak 1913760. And then burn your ISO. Remember to go back and reset to default settings after so you dont screw up other discs other than 360 discs.

A

azzhair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
TORO thank you and i just have to use abgx to stealth patch games correct? oh. one other thing. i got a game and the game name did not match the name abgx gave me. sooo that is a problem right? game file said it was n4s undercover , abgx said it was n4s underground.

T

TORO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes use ABGX for stealthing your game ISOs.

I don't condone to downloading games / piracy but i will answer your question about ABGX seeing a diffrent game than the label seen. If your ISOs label says Undercover and ABGX reports it being Underground the name of the ISO is wrong ABGX is reporting the correct name so you actually have Underground and not Undercover.

A

azzhair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok, when using dvd decrypter i click on the button (book type??)and it give me the list of all the computer dvd drives. i select mine ( lite-on) (not 360 drive) and i try to change the setting of "change for " i select "current media" and try to change that to "dvd-rom" in the bottom ad it fails. see pic.
do i need to change it for "current media (DVD+RW)" or just "(drive) DVD+r dl/ +r media" ?

T

TORO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Under "Change for current media" set it to "Drive For DVD+R /+R DL Media" then set your book type to DVD-ROM

A

azzhair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok so is the part underlined in yellow correct?? it doesnt say dvd-rom so should i be worried?

T

TORO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No, thats just telling you what your burning it to. If you set your book type and a message popped up saying "success" your okay, the booktype was changed.

If your not quite sure you can check using DVDinfo.

Open DVDInfo go to "info" at the top left side and this will show you the layout of the current disc loaded, locate booktype and it should display the booktype of the disc.

A

azzhair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Toro
Thank you very much, dvdinfo says its a dvd-rom, thank you!!

A

azzhair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
haha uh oh. iam back. ok i got xbox working w flash. now i checked cod 5 w abgx and it downloaded the latest patch. i put it in my xbox and it wants me to download a patch. what do i do? say yes or no?

T

TORO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You say yes of course, the backup you made is fine. you should be able to download any patches needed by games. If you follow the tutorial correctly everthing should be fine. you will have games that ask for updates all the time just accept them and move on like you would your original disc.

A

azzhair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ah , ok thanks!! sorry iam new to the whole flashing and game stuff.

A

azzhair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i need help again... lol. im getting bad burns i think. dvd info says its dvd+r dl not dvd-rom. my first burn i got good status back from dvd info. i have done every thing the same since then and have gotten 2 burns says dvd +r dl instead of dvd rom.

T

TORO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You have done EVERYTHING the same? Everytime you burn a disc you have to set the book type. Everytime. Maybe you should try IMGburn its almost the same exact thing and DVDDecrypter. When you set the booktype make sure you get a "success" back otherwise nothing changed.

A

azzhair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yea. i do every thing the same. i burned 2 games and got the same result twice. but i think i know what happened. when i flashed my box i forgot to unplug my sata connecter for the dvd drive and i flashed it. :S so i redownloaded the firmware for it already and iam going to try to burn another game.

T

TORO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
azzhair said:
yea. i do every thing the same. i burned 2 games and got the same result twice. but i think i know what happened. when i flashed my box i forgot to unplug my sata connecter for the dvd drive and i flashed it. :S so i redownloaded the firmware for it already and iam going to try to burn another game.

What are you talking about? Your boxes firmware should have nothing to do with the fact your getting the wrong booktype. You should try IMGburn. If your unwilling to go to IMGburn then try restarting your PC and then try to burn a disc.

If your box was flashed before this problem and you where getting games to boot then there was no problem with your box its your PC DVD+-RW/DL drive. Try updating the firmware on your DVD burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register