• Thread starter TehPhelix
  • Start date
  • Views 28,481
M

MaSTA SoLIDUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
...actually they are, the next update is going to reintroduce the connection error pause screen as well as back-side upload speed monitoring...it just wasn't ready for this last update.

...and I joined when I searched Google for the HDD cache clear code and this was the 2nd link I saw. I only realized what was actually going on here after I registered. So no, I registered for what appeared to be a 360 community. I didn't look at the threads before I joined.

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
MaSTA SoLIDUS said:
...actually they are, the next update is going to reintroduce the connection error pause screen as well as back-side upload speed monitoring...it just wasn't ready for this last update.

...and I joined when I searched Google for the HDD cache clear code and this was the 2nd link I saw. I only realized what was actually going on here after I registered. So no, I registered for what appeared to be a 360 community. I didn't look at the threads before I joined.

So then you decided to come here and rant and complain about glitchers You took the time to post here complaining about glitchers without thinking about why they glitch or ever if they are glitchers themselves. You never wondered if they are simply pointing out the flaws and hoping epic will fix them while whatever others do with it is up to them? I bet you didn't. They can not fix forcing host unless making it server side host, I thought I already explained that. By simplying monitoring upload speed doesn't mean anything, it means they will be watching something. Like I said, there is a way around everything even the conection error pause screen which you could get past in GoW1. There will always be flaws, there will always be a way to get around the game engine. You can not do anything about it and mine as well join us, live with it, or be quiet and play something else.

T

Tremont

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Re-post

Whenever I standby, either most of the people lag out (Except for the ones on my friends list)

Or, some people get affected by the stand by, and others don't. So like in wingman, 2 teams will be frozen, and one team will still be fine.
Also, in wingman sometimes one teammate will have a gun and the other won't.

And in execution, sometimes some people lag out, and then there'll only be a few left. And the standby won't work on the people left in the game? O.o

Also, the standby only worked ONCE, and never worked again. :frown:

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Tremont said:
Re-post

Whenever I standby, either most of the people lag out (Except for the ones on my friends list)

Or, some people get affected by the stand by, and others don't. So like in wingman, 2 teams will be frozen, and one team will still be fine.
Also, in wingman sometimes one teammate will have a gun and the other won't.

And in execution, sometimes some people lag out, and then there'll only be a few left. And the standby won't work on the people left in the game? O.o

Also, the standby only worked ONCE, and never worked again. :frown:

My bad I haven't been paying attention. Make sure you NAT is open. Please describe to me what type of connection you have like wireless, wired, what it's connected to and what not. Then I will try and help you out a little further and in more detail. That way I can try and get a feel for the problem you are having.

P

phil degirth

Reaction score
Sin$
massacre found said:
I'm having that same problem. anyone have a fix?

after going from ur host to apr with your ips highlighted if the blue cross dont come up and your sniffer and such is on click once on the lil status bar right under the sniffer tab and it will like refresh it

g/l hope that helped

S

sexton325

Reaction score
Sin$
ok so im on step 9. its the step where u are in the APR tab and your suppost to add some ips to this section. My blue add button wont come up. i am aware that your guide says to make sure uve selected an ip so that it will show up. but i dont know what ip i am selecting. i went back to the hosts tab and highlighted an ip then went back to apr but the blue add button still didnt show up. plz help

phil degirth said:
after going from ur host to apr with your ips highlighted if the blue cross dont come up and your sniffer and such is on click once on the lil status bar right under the sniffer tab and it will like refresh it

g/l hope that helped

OOPS! thanks man! much appreciated

alright i got just about everything working properly. however, i cannot actually get the host! im poisoning my firewalls are set properly. my friends ip is trusted. i waited the 10 seconds then switched to medium. but i am not host!

I

iMarty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well this works perfect on my laptop, but I am not able to use that anymore. So I tried on my desktop, but this is what happens:

When I want to configure in Cain, the IP of my computer shows up and not my modem. Anyone know what's up? I am connected through a wireless card to my modem. So when I search for Mac Adresses, nothing pops up! Not even the ip of my modem.

B

bhsxunseen

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
currently my xbox is connected to my modem and my laptop is wireless is there any way i can use something else? cain will not work on my comp it wont even run
if not then how could i change my setup to use somethng else other then cain

N

Nubble

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
If you plug your xbox into your laptop, you can use my bridging tutorial, and then you don't even need cain.

B

bkaufs23

Reaction score
Sin$
everything is set up perfectly. i get everyones ip from cain. i set security to high and trusted to medium. search game count to 10. switch security to medium i get a game within 5 seconds or so. but im not host. my xbox is connected to the router through a cable and the laptop im on is connected to the same router wirelessly what am i doing wrong i dont understand

B

bhsxunseen

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Nubble said:
If you plug your xbox into your laptop, you can use my bridging tutorial, and then you don't even need cain.
how would that work?
if i plug my xbox into my computer and my computer is wireless how would my xbox get connection i tryed that b4 and it wouldnt let me connect to live

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
bhsxunseen said:
how would that work?
if i plug my xbox into my computer and my computer is wireless how would my xbox get connection i tryed that b4 and it wouldnt let me connect to live

You need to either make a bridge or use ICS

X

x3vo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Um when i use cain and press the blue cross button to find the microsoft ip address, it doesnt find it. My xbox is pluged into my router via ethernet and my laptop as well. Any ideaS?

D

DrFupa

Reaction score
Sin$
Wondering Why when I bridge, I'm lagging and can't kill and then i undue the high level and I die. Any help?

TehPhelix said:
GoW2 Complete Bridging Guide

By: TehPhelix​

Okay, first off I would just like to say that this tutorial is to help everybody out that is having problem with either setting up their bridge using Cain and Abel, setting up Zone Alarm Pro, or getting host in GoW2 using these programs. This setup is my own,aka Router Bridging, works 100%. My network setup is currently my xbox connected with an ethernet cable to a router, and my laptop connected through an ethernet cable to the same router. This might work for other methods, I believe wirelessly if connected to the same router should still work as well. This tutorial includes step by step pictures explaining the exact directions.

If you still need addition help with bridging please post in the correct thread. Here http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/gow2-bridging/118292-need-bridging-help-post-here.html
However if you have specific questions or problems understanding this tutorial please post in this thread and I will help you out.

Resources Needed
Zone Alarm (I have the Pro version, yours might be slightly off)-
ZoneAlarm by Check Point - Award winning PC Protection, Antivirus, Firewall, Anti-Spyware, Identity Protection, and much more.
Cain - http://www.oxid.it/downloads/ca_setup.exe

If you have those both downloaded, make sure in Zone Alarm you turn your firewalls to off for the time being. For the first part I will show you how to set up cain in a very simple guide.

Setting up Cain

Open you Cain, click the Sniffer tab on the top and make sure the tab on the bottom says hosts. It should look like this.
04ddc5b276.jpg

Next, you want to make sure you are on the right router, click the configure tab on the top of the window. Here it is highlighted.
5cfdf7f17f.jpg

A window like this should pop up. Now for the average person they would not know which one is theres. Depending, you might have one line or several. The only way to find out is to scroll to the right and check the IP address and description. When you think you have the right one select it then click okay.
510a1a632b.jpg

Now you should be returned to the menu you were before. You now need to click on the Start/Stop APR button, here it is clicked in by the mouse, make sure it is clicked in for on.
70ef58ae15.jpg

Next you need to click the blue + sign, in the picture below the mouse is over it.
d70faeb481.jpg

A window like this should pop up.
8361d43cf6.jpg

Click okay and it should start searching for IP addresses connected to your router. They will pop up and your screen should now look similar to this. Make sure you look at the description, they will tell you what the IP's are being used for. Depending on how many internet connections you have, many IP's may pop up.
0c545506e5.jpg

Next Click on the APR tab on the bottom on the window
e41f5a2844.jpg

Make sure you have one of the ip's selected otherwise the + won't pop up. Now click the blue + on the top of the page. Make sure the Start/Stop APR button is still on.
645b25a3ec.jpg

A window like this should pop up.
9605e6603a.jpg

Now is the time to use the descriptions you read about earlier to find out which IP is which. Click the IP of your router on the left side of the column, the remaining IPs should be transfered to the right side. On the right side click the IP of your xbox, or Microsoft. Once that is selected then hit ok.
16dad06642.jpg

It should now look like this. Now everytime the Start/Stop APR button is pressed in for on, the bridge is on/active. When it is not pushed in or off, the bridge is off. Here I have pushed it off.
5737c75c94.jpg

Setting up Zone Alarm Pro

Now we will setup Zone Alarm, I will be using Zone Alarm Pro, so open up your program and click on the Firewalls Tab. I would suggest for the time being you put them to off. It should look like this.
e77dc77edf.jpg

Next, go to the Zones tab. If you look below you will see several IP's I will now explain them step by step. If you have used Zone Alarm before you should already have the Network, if not use any internet and a pop up will ask you to add a new Network, click allow. Make sure it says Internet. Next, through clicking add IP, put in your IP address which you can get from the internet, check IPchicken.com Then by pressing Add IP range add Xbox Live's IPs and Epics IPs which you can see below.
50af630992.jpg

Your bridge and Zone Alarm are now completely setup. Now lets learn how to force host. In an effort to save time I will simply explain how to do it and upload pictures later as I am in a hurry at the moment.

Getting your Friends IP's

1. Turn your Zone Alarm's firewall securities both to off.
  2. In Cain make sure your Start/Stop APR is pushed to ON and leave this window open.
  3. If you are currently poising and your firewall is off, then IP's will start to appear on the bottom connected to you over xbox live. Whether they are in your lobby or in a private chat or party, they will appear on the bottom. Make sure not to add the 192.... because that is NOT their IP. One of them is also Xbox's IP which will be the same every time so do not add that either as it is already in your IP range.
  4. Open your Zone Alarm and in the Zones tab by pressing the add IP, put their IP in and make sure they are under trusted.
Bridging Host In Gears of War 2

1. Make sure you have a full party and all their IP's are in the trusted zone in your Zone Alarm.
  2. Before starting put your Zone Alarm Internet Security to High and your Trusted Security to medium.
  3. Then open Cain and go to the APR tab in Sniffer and click Start/Stop APR to put turn your bridge on.
  4. As soon as you turn the bridge on start the game.
  5. Wait 10 seconds or so.
  6. Then move your Internet Security Tab to Medium.
  7. Eventually you will connect to a game and you will be host. You can now adjust the tab's to high to standby or whatever you wish. Enjoy cheating
Please feel free to ask me any questions or leave me any comments and I will be happy to answer them. I will post those questions here with the answer in order to prevent further questions in the future. If you would like me to add anything please request that hear as well.

Coming soon....

• Added pictures for getting host
  • Added pictures for finding friends IPs

X

x3vo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, Was it really necessary to quote the tutorial? The whole thing? we all know what your asking about here don't need to do that. :tongue:

Ok i have a bit of a problem here. First offs, My current network set up is my Modem > Router Via a ethernet cable to give it internet connection. From my router i have an ethernet cable in spot 1 going to my computer, And in spot 2 i have a ethernet cable going to the xbox. Connection works great, i can connect to xbox live.

Now, When i open Cain, I go to configure like in the tutorial so that i can have the right networkn device, And i get these...

devicesyd2.jpg

As You can see, The first one looks like my network device right? Ok.. Now the second is called "Microsoft" Could that be the xbox? The third one im not sure. So when i click the second one i apply that and go to the sniffer tab and such and when i search for the ips this is what i get.

foundcd6.jpg

As you can see, i dont get any Microsoft here meaning the xbox ips not showing up. Im not sure why, Do you have any ideas? I am connected to Xbox Live and everything while im doing this, All my firewalls are off including zone alarm. Not sure whats going on.

S

shockah289

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
can you do this with two xboxes on one router? and ur in a party together? do i need to poison both xboxes?

Top Bottom
Login
Register