• Thread starter ntknn44
  • Start date
  • Views 6,139
N

ntknn44

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello,

So I've recently been looking at a Lite-On iHAS124 FU and wondering if it'd be able to burn XGD3 games without problems. I've seen people posting that it works and some post that it doesn't... So I want to know if it's possible or not.

(Lite-On iHAS124 FU Rev F)

L

Lambsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why don't you just buy the proper ihas 124 b whatever it is, and use the proper burner max firmware? They've come right down in price and can often be found in factory form from dismantled machines on ebay. It was quite a popular drive, even before XDG3 and any xbox relation. It was cheap, and readily available everywhere, and oem. So in lots of walmart machines no doubt.

N

ntknn44

Reaction score
Sin$
Why don't you just buy the proper ihas 124 b whatever it is, and use the proper burner max firmware? They've come right down in price and can often be found in factory form from dismantled machines on ebay. It was quite a popular drive, even before XDG3 and any xbox relation. It was cheap, and readily available everywhere, and oem. So in lots of walmart machines no doubt.

Well... The problem is that I'm unable to find an ihas 124 B drive for an okay price.. I would buy it, but the ihas I mentioned above is what I can get at the moment. If you know any other drives that work, let me know. Thanks.

L

Lambsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well... The problem is that I'm unable to find an ihas 124 B drive for an okay price.. I would buy it, but the ihas I mentioned above is what I can get at the moment. If you know any other drives that work, let me know. Thanks.
You from UK or USA?

Cellulose

Cellulose

Composition C is my family
Reaction score
Sin$
There is a list of compatible XGD3 burners [Click here to view this link]. In my opinion though I would get the Sony Optiarc 5280S-CB-PLUS. That way you wouldn't have to mess with Burnermax or Payload or anything like that. I personally have a Sony Optiarc 5280S to burn XDG3 games and it works great. I have used iHAS burners in the past as well, and they work good, but you just have to find the right one. The one you have will likely not work. It is known to pop up with a lot of errors on ImgBurn and such. Also there are a lot of previous threads on this in the past so you could just use the search bar next time instead of having to create a thread and such.

N

ntknn44

Reaction score
Sin$
There is a list of compatible XGD3 burners [Click here to view this link].

Thanks. I already had a look at that. Haven't looked through all of them, but I'll do.

In my opinion though I would get the Sony Optiarc 5280S-CB-PLUS.

I would get this one, but the price... Can't invest that much atm. The only ones that seem to be at good price are the ihas drives, sooo I think it's best if I get one of those.

The one you have will likely not work. It is known to pop up with a lot of errors on ImgBurn and such.
Thanks for letting me know.
Also there are a lot of previous threads on this in the past so you could just use the search bar next time instead of having to create a thread and such.

Sorry. I'm just really confused about which drive I should get.

Cellulose

Cellulose

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks. I already had a look at that. Haven't looked through all of them, but I'll do.

I would get this one, but the price... Can't invest that much atm. The only ones that seem to be at good price are the ihas drives, sooo I think it's best if I get one of those.

Thanks for letting me know.

Sorry. I'm just really confused about which drive I should get.
If you're on a budget then I would try to find a LITE-ON iHAS x24 (A)/B/C/DU. The Lite-on and the optiarc are the best drives to burn with in my opinion. If I were you though I would just go to the B/S/T and just send in your console to get RGH'd, or just do it yourself instead of buying a DVD drive.

N

ntknn44

Reaction score
Sin$
If you're on a budget then I would try to find a LITE-ON iHAS x24 (A)/B/C/DU

Well. The only ones I'm able to find in Denmark at the moment are Lite-On iHAS124 FU. But haven't given up yet.. So hopefully I'll be able to find one of those you mentioned.

Cellulose

Cellulose

Reaction score
Sin$
Easy stuff my guy, I got you right here. It is a Liteon iHAS 124-19 revB for $20!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
N

ntknn44

Reaction score
Sin$
No problem! Contact me if you have any troubles or anymore questions.

Thanks, sure. Just a real quick question, I haven't flashed my xbox drive yet, but I ordered a logilink PCI Express Card with Jmicron JMB363 chipset, was wondering if I'll be able to flash the drive or not.

Samsung MS25 drives can be flashed with many SATA chipsets. Silicon
Image, Promise, and NForce2 chipsets are known to NOT be compatible
for flashing Samsung drives. There are possibly more that cannot flash a
Samsung MS25. Intel ICH5/6/7/8 chipsets, NForce 3/4, SiS, Uli, Jmicron,
and VIA chipsets are all known to be compatible – others may also be.

^ this is the info that I was able to find.

Cellulose

Cellulose

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, sure. Just a real quick question, I haven't flashed my xbox drive yet, but I ordered a logilink PCI Express Card with Jmicron JMB363 chipset, was wondering if I'll be able to flash the drive or not.

What kind of console do you have? Do you have a phat or a slim?

Cellulose

Cellulose

Reaction score
Sin$

That PCI card should work just fine! The good part about Samsung DVD drives is that all you need is power and SATA. If you need a guide to follow on how to flash your drive there is a great one here, written by our great retired staff member Noobert. I personally have actually never used a PCI card for flashing to be honest though as I had an X360USBPROV2.

Top Bottom
Login
Register