[community] New Program.

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding Programs' started by superaison, Dec 15, 2008 with 179 replies and 8,008 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superaison

superaison Banned

Ratings:
    I want to make one more program, How else to ask the community? I don't know what to make. But I am taking suggestions, I plan on making it open source, I will let others join in on the project. Idk what to even call the project, YOU decide. It will be written in C#, and ONLY C#. If you would like to help, then you must know what you want to/can help with, if you dont, then atleast be good with C#.

Some restrictions,

• Keep it real, no rediculus requests or ideas, like film converter.
    • Keep it real, I don't want to hear anything like recon giver, be serious
    • Keep it real, you get the idea....
    • That's it!

I don't know where else to post this.

So, come on! lets here some ideas!

Moderators, feel free to move this wherever.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Mr Shrimpy

Mr Shrimpy Banned

Ratings:
    i have some good ones, talk on aim/msn

3. OP
    superaison

superaison Banned

Ratings:
  4. BlackOps

BlackOps Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I GOT ONE!

OK, here it is. you build a program that combines maps together. For example, lets say I'm building a mod, if you try to edit it in forge (not the program). But you save it and all the modded items get erased. So what you would do with this program is take two versions (The old and the updated) and combined them, the program checks for differences and makes a new map file with all the correct items, the old and the new together as one.

5. OP
    superaison

superaison Banned

Ratings:

I'm lost, what? :tongue: Sorry,

Lemme guess;

You want a app that combines 2 mods, into 1?

6. BlackOps

BlackOps Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Kinda, program checks the hex from the two maps say there's two clones on top of a double box in the old map. Then you forge it and add more clones save as a new map. But oh, no! The old clones are gone! So you open up your program put in the old CON and also add the updated one. The program see that there is two clones missing from the second file. Then it copies those two clones cords and spawns them were they should be.

7. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    I know I'm dreaming but if you were able to hack the m$ database to make a genuine xbl code generator, you would be a filthy rich GOD. Privately you could sell it for about $200 and everyone would buy it because they'd easily make their money back.

But it's impossible I would imagine. Just had to put that out there because it would be cool as hell.

8. OP
    superaison

superaison Banned

Ratings:
    ^^ NO BS STUFF!!!

Anyway, I know what your talking about now, and maybe, I haven't learned the structure of the forge map much lately, but i'm sure I could do it with a few days time.

9. BlackOps

BlackOps Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ALSO: What about a program that would have you set a folder and then all the Cons in that folder get loaded into the program, then you can see all the info on those Cons (Author, Name, Description, ect) Like a CON version of windows explorer.

10. gamebeatter

gamebeatter Premium Premium

Ratings:
    big profile rehasher :thumbup:

11. OP
    superaison

superaison Banned

Ratings:
    That'd be sooo easy. I could do that in a few minutes xD

Hell, I could even make it look like windows explorer!

But, I would love to write something up that adds all con files to the shell, but, considering they dont have extentions...bleh, I'd have to write a program like Xplorer to pull something like that off xD (too much research, i'd need a few good people)

12. BlackOps

BlackOps Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Cool! That would save me alot of time! I've got so much crap on my HDD, I dont know which map is which.

• Like Like x 1
  13. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Only reason I didn't consider that BS before I posted is because nothing is impossible. But considering how far off that is from actually happening, fair enough.

I'm going to think real hard and get back to you with some good ideas. Considering your programming skills (have to be good considering the unbanned keyvault you made), these ideas have to some thought put into them.

You'll hear from me in the next couple days. Whatever you make has to actually be worth it. Why make something easy? Even if it's useful you need to get the credit you deserve and blow everyone's mind. :tongue:

14. Mr Shrimpy

Mr Shrimpy Banned

Ratings:
    I GOT ONE, i researched alot into this:

Name
    Motto

editor, i have almost found the loaction i think. :smile:

15. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Achievement editor? too lazy to hex edit

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    superaison

superaison Banned

Ratings:
    Achievment editor? Who says I didn't make one already? Who says I want to make one? Who says that should be public? XDDDD

Anyway, the profile editor thing, why don't you just use the xbox for that? lol :tongue:

17. Mr Shrimpy

Mr Shrimpy Banned

Ratings:
  18. OP
    superaison

superaison Banned

Ratings:
    Ah, got me there. :tongue: Good point on ban filter thing.

19. xlHazardlx

xlHazardlx Boss

Ratings:
    Unfortunately, editing the motto, bio, etc only works on your Xbox. If you look on Xbox.com, MGC, or other sites that display your gamer card it shows up as what you had before the edit. Tried this a few months ago when hardly anyone knew about profile editing or unlocking achievements via hex editing, and I mean hardly anyone.

@Mr Shrimpy: Please don't tell me you hex edited all the Halo 3 achievements to unlock... I noticed your "Modded" profile and sorry to say it but have fun getting your console banned. Unless of course it's a spare. ;P

And as for the achievement editor program goes I was working on one but put it off for a while to see if people would get banned for it, well turns out a lot of them got reset, so I wouldn't want to release something people are going to get reset for.

20. v3n3

v3n3 Contributor

Ratings:
    I would be interested in something like this.
    For offline purposes ( LANs, Splitscreen ).

Anyway, great idea superaison.
    I barely have no idea what you can do ...

Wait ...
    Im a Video Editor and I would be very interested in "Advanced" Saved Film modding.
    Some things I thought about :
    - Camera Path extracting and injecting
    - With one Button "enable all 1st Person Views"

I think more we cant do without mod the actual game.
    I know that far that no one tryed todo this ... so ... :smile:
    ( Later you could add the other Saved Film modding capabilities from your previous apps )

Thank you for reading this and good luck :wink:
    I will keep reading this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.