Comcast vs. At&t Dsl

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by dwells, Feb 24, 2009 with 12 replies and 886 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwells

dwells Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi guys i just switched over to comcast internet from At&t dsl elite package which was 6Mbps/768Kbps. I switched over because i was tired of lagging in games im wondering if i made a mistake. Because im starting to hear from people that cable sucks and i always thought it was faster.. they havent installed it yet but im Jw so could i get some opinions.... So Which is better for xbox live cable or dsl?

i got the performance package from comcast which is speeds up to 12Mbps..

2. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    I heard that comcast was good. I had DSL and I agree, It is very laggy for know reason. It lags when one person is on youtube, it's terrible. It was once lagging when I was playing Xbox live and knowone else was on the network and it was during the winter and I ask my dad, "Why am I lagging?" to which he responded, "Because Water Freezes in Winter." So, I guess that means DSL can't stand up to Chicago Winter Weather.

3. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    So thats why ur motto says Red bar Since 05 lol.

4. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    Dude comcast is beast. i had it in miami for years and i never even needed to bridge host cuz i always had the best connection. lol

but now i have verizon dsl and its horrible. i cant even have my computers on while in on xbl or ill lag out of every game i play. :mad:

5. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Ya, well... I've also done a little bit of standbying since then. lol. But now I have AT&T U-Verse. Which is pretty good, but not the best, but DEFINATLY better than my old DSL.

6. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    I have verizon its pretty fast. Never have had red bar or even yellow always green. BTW standbying is for *****s.:thumbdown:

7. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    I know but it's a cheating site so GET OVER IT! Just Kidding.

8. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I have had comcast high speed for as long as I have lived in this house. Honestly, the connection is simply awesome. I would always get host in CoD4, and GoW2 just from searching for a game because the connection is very good. I have never had any problems and I have never experienced any lag. The only time I ever had problems was when I had a broken router and it would constantly drop my connection but that has nothing to do with the actual connection as it is perfect. I get very fast download and upload speeds and it is honestly a good investment. However I might be switching to Verizon FIOS when it becomes available in our area but I will research it, chances are I won't because my connection is already good as anything.

9. Madman340

Madman340 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I get host a lot but I lag hard with 8+ people.

I hate Comcast... Yeah it's the best, but it's so ****ing unreliable... Sometimes it's down, sometimes it's up...

10. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    Agreed, that's why i used to make sure i got host so i couldn't get cheated. :wink:

11. OP
    dwells

dwells Newbie

Ratings:
    Well i got comcast and its so much faster then dsl its ridonkulos... i only got 5Mbps /650 with at&t look at comcast

[Click here to view the link]

12. Saiyan

Saiyan Senior Member

Ratings:
  13. Gangland

Gangland Enthusiast

Ratings:
    comcast kicks so much *** i have a slow DSL and i dont lag but comcast host alote and amazing connection

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.