What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Patched Colored In-Game Crew Message

• Thread starter DarkShadowGlitch
  • Start date
  • Views 21,131
DarkShadowGlitch

DarkShadowGlitch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Post Updated On: 8/31/2017

Patched - Please note that Colors have been patched, However icons are still working!

Alright so for anyone that has seen the mission to get snow online you may have noticed the colored job title/description when you add it to the game, So I started digging around trying to figure it out! While I have not found out how to get it to work for job titles yet I did get it working on crew messages.

Steps:
1. Use the Message feature on your crews socialclub homepage, Next to the Manage Crew option.
2. To get colored text, input something like (~r~Message Here) remove the parenthesis.
3. That will result in the words Message Here turning red in game!
4. To get individual words different colors use (~r~Multi~s~ ~b~Color~s~ ~g~Message)
5. That results in the words Multi being red, Color being blue and Message being green!
6. These are the colors I have found so far:
~r~ = (red)
~b~ = (blue)
~d~ = (dark blue)
~g~ = (green)
~y~ = (yellow)
~q~ = (pink)
~p~ = (purple)
~c~ = (grey? not sure why might be an unsupported color)
~m~ = (darker grey)
~u~ = (black)
~n~ = (puts text on a new line under other text)
~s~ = (spacer I guess - Allows individual words to be colored differently)
~bold~ = (bold text)
~italic~ = (italic text)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~o~ = (orange)
~h~ = (highlight/bold text)

Credit goes to NYC for these two!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Put a color code before each icon to change it's color, Does not work on Wanted Level Star icon*
¦ = (Rockstar Verified Icon)
= (Rockstar Icon)
‹ = (Rockstar Created Icon)
› = (Blank White Icon)
K8wG0vz.png

Ω = Lock Icon
~ws~ = Wanted Level Star
Xk5OlUe.png

Credit goes to TREX42 for these two!

*Note - When you send the message it will post it to your crew's news feed, The news feed does not show the color! You only see the color on the popup message in the game*

*Note 2 - Only the Crew Leader and Commissioners can send in-game Crew Messages
(Thanks to Modded_Hero2 for this note!)*

x7oGZcR.png

gPRC9hN.png

Last edited:
Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Trifecta Odysseus' Summit MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
This is nice find. I am actually just about to change my crew color and i might give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

Wezz

Wezz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so for anyone that has seen the mission to get snow online you may have noticed the colored job title/description when you add it to the game, So I started digging around trying to figure it out! While I have not found out how to get it to work for job titles yet I did get it working on crew messages.

Steps:
1. Use the Message feature on your crews socialclub homepage, Next to the Manage Crew option.
2. To get colored text, input something like (~r~Message Here) remove the parenthesis.
3. That will result in the words Message Here turning red in game!
4. To get individual words different colors use (~r~Multi~s~ ~b~Color~s~ ~g~Message)
5. That results in the words Multi being red, Color being blue and Message being green!
6. These are the colors I have found so far:
~r~ (red)
~b~ (blue)
~g~ (green)
~y~ (yellow)
~p~ (purple)
~c~ (grey? not sure why might be an unsupported color)
~m~ (darker grey)
Do you mean this
A5L7dEM.png

Where are you talking about i have nothing near manage crew ?

DarkShadowGlitch

DarkShadowGlitch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry about the confusion, I updated the main post and included pics to help out.

Mast3rsTutorials

Mast3rsTutorials

Knowledge Over Money Anyday
Reaction score
Sin$
When I did it only I saw it in game my friends didn't.

How can I get theme to see it

DarkShadowGlitch

DarkShadowGlitch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When I did it only I saw it in game my friends didn't.

How can I get theme to see it

Make sure your friends are in the same crew as you, Also I am not sure if this matters or not but when I started testing sending out the colored messages to my friend I am the crew leader but we both received it and could see the color.

Mast3rsTutorials

Mast3rsTutorials

Reaction score
Sin$
My friends were in the crew, and I'm the commissioner

DarkShadowGlitch

DarkShadowGlitch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My friends were in the crew, and I'm the commissioner

Did they even get the message popup in game when you sent it? If not either the socialclub site is bugged and wont let commissioners properly send crew messages even though they are allowed to do so or they might have certain notification settings turned off in their game which wont show the crew message popup. Try having the crew leader send it.

Mast3rsTutorials

Mast3rsTutorials

Reaction score
Sin$
They didn't get any message, only I did and yes it was colored

Colson709

Colson709

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does not work just puts a post to all crew members . That's it

DarkShadowGlitch

DarkShadowGlitch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does not work just puts a post to all crew members . That's it

Yes it will put the post on social club in the news feed to all crew members however as I said it sends the message to any crew members in game and it will be colored.

Colson709

Colson709

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I understand now ! I was thinking it change the color in game when you send invite or message a crew member but I understand now nice post

DarkShadowGlitch

DarkShadowGlitch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Updated first post to include new symbols that show rockstar verified icon and 2 normal rockstar icons.

L C Varner

L C Varner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does this work with the crew motto or is it just for crew messages

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register