Solved Cold Bootable Halo 2 Mod Disc

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by abcdqfr, Jun 30, 2009 with 6 replies and 401 views.

1. abcdqfr

abcdqfr Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Regardless of the console, If you make a SS Patched disc in attempt to go on xbox live without using hotswap, you need to flash the DVD drive. correct?
    From what i've read thats what i concluded.

But one would think that if you patch the security sector, its like making it recognizable as a normal off the shelf game. And flashing the drive is removing microsofts security measures, so an SS Patch wouldn't be necessary.

I think i just confused myself... anyway if you managed to follow, please give your word.:smile:

2. jdcx95

jdcx95 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If i get what you're saying, I don't think its possible because we don't have the keys to sign it like that?

3. EclipseModz

EclipseModz VIP VIP Retired

Ratings:
    First of all. Your game always needs to be stealthed. If it didn't need to be stealthed then why would we have programs like ABGX360 and Xbox Backup Creator.??? You flashing the firmware removes no kind of security measure by microsoft. All you are doing is modifying the software the dvd drive uses to read games. You will never play a burned game without a hotswap or a flash.

4. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Contributor

Ratings:
    Well i know if you run a burned halo 2 disc in the gametray on 360 it will load then go back to the dashboard and give you some error about the xbox original game saying the xbox original encountered a problem.

5. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    Not if your disc is made right it shouldn't. Clear your cache.

The only possible way to get a burned Halo 2 disc to boot from the dashboard without a flash. Is to boot halo 2 stock dvd. Go into custom. When i hotswapped i waited for the laser to turn off. When it did i stopped the dvd swapped and played on with modded maps. Now. IF you want to get your modded mainmenu. Either go to the download section and leave it or you can go back to the dashboard using the guide. After that your 360 will actually boot the burned halo 2 disc thinking it is the retail game. Don't call BS on me with this. I did it many times back when i didn't flash my 360.

6. OP
    abcdqfr

abcdqfr Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Adding this in for clarity reasons; I do NOT want to open up my 360. I do NOT want to hotswap. I do NOT want to put my self in danger of banning. I DO want to go on Xbl with it. Is this possible?:?

7. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    Let me clarify this just like i did in your other post.

NO!