CoD:WaW Nazi Zombie Hex editing for dummies!

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: WaW Modding' started by Shadow Heir1, Jun 29, 2009 with 48 replies and 15,622 views.

1. Shadow Heir1

Shadow Heir1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ***armorVest should not be set to 999, I was wrong, set it for 0, so the period in front of it should be 01, instead of 03. Sorry for the mix up***

Hex editing your savegame.svg is a pretty simple process that can compliment CoDtool perfectly.

Assuming you can already play CoD:WaW on your 360 and you are viewing this post on a computer that you have constant access to, you will need the following:
    -A way to hook your 360HDD to your computer (XSATA, Xport, Transfer Cable, SATA cord, etc.)
    -A way to browse your HDD (Xplorer 360, Xport 360, etc.)
    -A hex editor (HxD, Hex Workshop, etc.)
    -A working Xbox 360 con resigner (CONcept, modio, etc.)

Step 1 - Making your savegame.svg

Start WaW and select your HDD as your save device. Go into solo and start the mission you want to cheat on (If zombies, just stick with Semper Fi, it is the only one that I have tested, if you know for sure that other levels work, you may use them, but I am only recommending the level that I know works), press Start, and Save and Exit.

Step 2 - Extracting it

Turn off your Xbox and take out your HDD. Hook it up to your computer and open it in Xport, Xplorer, or what ever you use to extract.

[​IMG]

Open partition 3 -> content -> your profile -> CoD:WaW -> 00000001 (or whatever it is).

[​IMG]

Then, extract your savegame.svg to your desktop (or wherever you want it to be), open a separate folder (preferably .zip or .rar), and put a copy of your savegame.svg in there, as a backup.

[​IMG]

Step 3 - Editing it

Open HxD, in the top-left click File -> Open, and select your savegame.svg. Press Ctrl+F, press the drop box, select hex values, type in FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF and press OK.

[​IMG]

Click at the first "y" looking thing, then type "....perk_armorVest....999" (If you make a mistake, DO NOT BACKSPACE!!! Just click in front of the mistake and type over it.
    Now, make sure that for both sets of periods you use 4 periods, this is required, do not leave it out.

[​IMG]

Then look at the left side and change the first periods of each set of periods to 00 instead of 2E (in HxD start at the red values in the hex, this just makes it easier to see where to start.) The 4th period is dependent on the length of the string after it. (perk_armorVest is 14 digits, so use the hex value corresponding with the dec value "14" as according to this chart, which is 0E.) So the period before 999 would be 03.

[​IMG]

Once these changes are made, go to File -> Save.

Step 4 - Resigning/Rehashing it

Open the newly modded savegame.svg in your resigner of choice and resign it. I prefer CONcept.

Step 5 - Re-injecting it

Open your HDD extraction program (if you closed it), navigate back to where you got your savegame.svg, either drag it back into the folder or press Edit -> Insert File, and browse to your modded savegame.svg.

Step 6 - Activating it

Disconnect your HDD and reconnect it to your Xbox. Start it up and play WaW. When it loads, select HDD as your save device and go to Solo -> Resume game. When it starts press Start -> Save and Exit. Now either A: Press mission select and choose Nazi Zombies -> Your map of choice, or B: Go into Co-op (private match with close friends if you don't want to get in trouble) and choose your map of choice. To get the cheat to work, simply get the Juggernog perk (Verruckt or Shi No Numa). You can now sustain much more damage than normal.

TA-DA!!!

I learned this from a youtube video by Col2eight

(A side note: I originally submitted this to Modded Warfare, and upon request also submitted it to S7. I am Nikolai Reznov on Modded Warfare, if that clears anything up.)

• Like Like x 7
  2. vvSTRIDEvv

vvSTRIDEvv Retired Retired

Ratings:
    This is friggin mint guy!! Thanks again for posting here!!!

3. atc cvhawley

atc cvhawley Enthusiast

Ratings:
    pretty cool my dad siad he might let me modd

4. Darkaj750

Darkaj750 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Tried putting it at 999 and 0, 0 just enables you to take about 30 hits? but i can get around 24ish just by putting "infinite health" in cod tool, but i have no idea what number it needs to be to get higher :L

5. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    Lol you need permission? Haha sorry but I have my own PC, and my parents don't know what I am doing. I mod like everyday and my dad asks me what I'm doing. I tell him that I am modding and he says "have fun." Lol

/off topic. :tongue:

6. OP
    Shadow Heir1

Shadow Heir1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    There is a special value that enables you to take practically infinite hits from a single zombie. But if you get swarmed, the game recognizes that you should be dead, so it kills you XD. And Infinite health does NOT work on zombies because it runs a check. Maybe if you played without the patches it might work.

7. Darkaj750

Darkaj750 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Damn that sucks that it "auto kills" you when you get swarmed =\
    Also i managed to get hold of CodTool 1.5 beta 2 (which i could upload if anybody wants it) which does not block out Perk_armorVest.
    Also with infinite health, i tested it with and without in single and co-op, and it enables you to take 4 hits instead of two for some reason :L

8. OP
    Shadow Heir1

Shadow Heir1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Don't post Beta 2. Cheater912 (guy who made the program) is super-pissed that it got leaked already. If it were posted on Se7ensins, his head would explode:confused:cared:.

9. Darkaj750

Darkaj750 Enthusiast

Ratings:
  10. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    Psssshhh. He doesn't care. A new CoDTool v1.5 Beta 4 was released to the beta testers. Let's just say that it is truly awesome!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5CXX0v9Xbw]YouTube - Cod Tool Beta 1.5 4[/ame]

11. OP
    Shadow Heir1

Shadow Heir1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Looks kinda like beta 3... lol

12. vvSTRIDEvv

Ratings:
    1.5 was posted, and I deleted it. Do not post it again, until it is ok'd. thanks.

13. andys365

andys365 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What if you want more than one mod? How would you space them out? Just skip one ? :?

14. Cali Alec

Cali Alec Banned

Ratings:
    How come, there is already a tutorial about this (mine) and it was posted first, and got stickied, and this one also got stickied and it's the same thing, and it was ripped from ModdedWarfare....

15. andys365

andys365 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Error_______________________________________________________________________
    Insufficient free disk space.
    Please free at least 5mb of free space on game drive.

I have nothing in my game drive... Just the modded gamesave.svg... Whats up with that?!?! :cursing:

16. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    You did it wrong. Lol try it again and make sure to resign.

17. XboxMySocks

XboxMySocks Getting There

Ratings:
    It doesn't recognize you're dead, its just that there's 8 zombies that can both hit you twice in a very short timeframe. That's basically 16 hits in one and then they need one extra one to totally own you. You're really just getting owned by math here x)

18. andys365

andys365 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I did resign when I first made the mod, still nothing though <_<

19. vvSTRIDEvv

Ratings:
    looks different to me...and I asked for him to post it here....thank you.

20. OP
    Shadow Heir1

Shadow Heir1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I submitted it to ModdedWarfare...I mentioned that at the bottom. I am Nikolai Reznov at Modded Warfare. My tutorial was posted the day before yours lol... Epic fail, GTFO!