cod 4 online system linked modding

Discussion in 'Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare' started by silentkiller sk, Jul 3, 2009 with 6 replies and 811 views.

1. silentkiller sk

silentkiller sk Enthusiast

Ratings:
    after finding this program called hamachi i got an idea to get online system link seasons for modding.
    hamachi creates a fake lan network. so the idea is to have a xbox briged on a pc with hamachi which can talk to other pc's with xbox's on them if there on the same hamachi lan.
    if it works we can still mod for fun online (kind of)
    www.hamachi.cc/
    my hamaci lan for cod 4 is "xbox 360 cod4" and pass is "cod4"
    i wound like to test this out. my email is [email protected] and GT is silentkiller sk

2. jdcx95

jdcx95 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Same idea with a leaf network.

3. Fail Troll

Fail Troll Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Not to flame or anything but this is really old news. Hamachi would work yes but there is two console specific programs for the pc.

Xlink Kai (More user friendly) >> XLink Kai: Evolution VII. Global Network Gaming.

XBConnect (Kind Of harder to use) >> XBConnect

I would suggest Xlink Kai because its constantly updated. Has more systems and supports many other games as well as many other features.

And for the record lol, its not called a fake LAN. Its called a Virtual Lan. Nice post tho.

4. ThoracicJosh

ThoracicJosh Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So we could just do this for this for fun, show me how to hook it up lol and ill do it for fun. Someone needs to like make a major hamachi lan if we can do it.

5. OP
    silentkiller sk

Ratings:
    if you or any one wants to try this
    setup(in theory)
    connect xbox to pc with internet.
    download hamachi.
    bridge xbox to hamachi.
    connect hamachi to virtual lan.
    if you want to messege me on xbox live (gt: silentkiller sk) so we can get times and systems setup right( and find a good host that has the best server set up for mods)

6. Fail Troll

Fail Troll Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Could work, but too much work for something simple. As long as your PC and xbox 360 are connected wired or wirelessly to the same router then you're good to go. And I'm telling you. Don't use hamachi. USE Xlink Kai. Trust me, you'll thank me later. Plus there's alsways tech support if you need help with anything.

7. OP
    silentkiller sk

Ratings:
    i wish i can thank you but my windows 7 pc cant run it. i get a "unable to initalize pssdk library":mad: