Sin$
Thanks!
Needed this. (:

Lacking

Lacking

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am currently working on a new CMR that will work with TU16.

Last edited:
Im a Leecher

Im a Leecher

In lulz we trust
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I am currently working on a new CMR that will work with TU16, as I am new to CMR Modding I may need some help along the way. Would anyone be willing to help me out with this? If so Add me on Skype: Phunctional
What do you mean? CMRs still work the same way as they always have... Offsets have just changed a little bit since this thread was made.

CraigChrist8239

CraigChrist8239

VIP
VIP
Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you mean? CMRs still work the same way as they always have... Offsets have just changed a little bit since this thread was made.
Just out of curiosity, is there a new version from the ones I posted on the last page? Or does the latest struct still work? If not I can update it.

Im a Leecher

Im a Leecher

In lulz we trust
Reaction score
Sin$
Just out of curiosity, is there a new version from the ones I posted on the last page? Or does the latest struct still work? If not I can update it.
Honestly i'm not really sure how to use the offsets you posted, I tried to calculate their location in a cmr_save but none of it seemed to match up consistently. The values that you posted do work though and they have helped a lot. Perhaps i'm just a noob.
To him I was only meaning to understand what he was talking about by a CMR that works on TU16 because the structure is still the same as the last TU.

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Legendary Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly i'm not really sure how to use the offsets you posted, I tried to calculate their location in a cmr_save but none of it seemed to match up consistently. The values that you posted do work though and they have helped a lot. Perhaps i'm just a noob.
To him I was only meaning to understand what he was talking about by a CMR that works on TU16 because the structure is still the same as the last TU.
I'm guessing you'd take the version from the header, and then after that, for instance, the integer after the header would be the first enumerator, and then the second integer would be the second enumerator, and so on.

Im a Leecher

Im a Leecher

In lulz we trust
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm guessing you'd take the version from the header, and then after that, for instance, the integer after the header would be the first enumerator, and then the second integer would be the second enumerator, and so on.
Thank you, I was definitely doing it wrong.
I see now how to properly calculate it.
The version number is here
oLFFgkz.png
So then I take the offset for the version number and add whatever offset he says to use in struct s0 to that to find the offset in the file. But what if I want to use an offset from say struct s3? Would I just add 86+1859(s0)+14(s1)+128(s2)+whatever offset i want to use from s3?

Last edited:
Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Reaction score
Sin$
But wouldn't that mean that I would do something like 42+8 in hex to get the offset? That gives me 4A.
Let me just give you an example.

Code:
enum primaryWeapon
{
    ar = 1,
    smg = 10,
    lmg = 100
};

void readFile()
{
    //TODO: Open the file.
    theFileIO.Seek(0x42);
    primaryWeapon thePW = theFileIO.ReadInt();
    //If the integer is 1, then thePW is an assault rifle, if the integer is 10, then thePW is a sub-machine gun.

Im a Leecher

Im a Leecher

In lulz we trust
Reaction score
Sin$
Let me just give you an example.

Code:
enum primaryWeapon
{
    ar = 1,
    smg = 10,
    lmg = 100
};

void readFile()
{
    //TODO: Open the file.
    theFileIO.Seek(0x42);
    primaryWeapon thePW = theFileIO.ReadInt();
    //If the integer is 1, then thePW is an assault rifle, if the integer is 10, then thePW is a sub-machine gun.
I figured it out in my last post and edited it. What you are showing doesn't really seem right to me, at least not for a CMR since in a cmr_save file the version number is here:
oLFFgkz.png
So then I take the offset for the version number and add whatever offset he says to use in struct s0 to that to find the offset in the file. But what if I want to use an offset from say struct s3? Would I just add 86+1859(s0)+14(s1)+128(s2)+whatever offset i want to use from s3?

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Reaction score
Sin$
I figured it out in my last post and edited it. What you are showing doesn't really seem right to me, at least not for a CMR since in a cmr_save file the version number is here:
oLFFgkz.png
That would be correct. I was thinking wrong. Though I'm not sure if the header ends at the version number.

Im a Leecher

Im a Leecher

In lulz we trust
Reaction score
Sin$
Failed to quote your posted before you edited it.
Yes but the offset for my version number is 0x56. I'm not really understanding this idea of a header... he said the FIRST 42 BYTES are the header so wouldn't that mean that the correct offset for the version number should be 0x46? Mine is 10 bytes after that.
That would be correct. I was thinking wrong. Though I'm not sure if the header ends at the version number.
That might be the case but I still find it odd that mine is exactly 10 bytes after. Especially consider that all 10 of those bytes are 00s.

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Reaction score
Sin$
Failed to quote your posted before you edited it, but:
Yes but the offset for my version number is 0x56. I'm not really understanding this idea of a header... he said the FIRST 42 BYTES are the header so wouldn't that mean that the correct offset for the version number should be 0x46? Mine is 10 bytes after that...
The header contains all the data about the rest of the actual data below. The header may of changed lengths, or what he said is wrong.

Im a Leecher

Im a Leecher

In lulz we trust
Reaction score
Sin$
Looking at his structure though, you can find the end of the header by locating the "recipeName" value and subtracting 0xF3.
I'll look at that next time i'm on Ghosts and see if that matches up properly then get back to you. Thanks again for the help though, hate to ask such dumb questions.
Edit: I don't think you can normally rename recipes on ghosts

Last edited:
Im a Leecher

Im a Leecher

In lulz we trust
Reaction score
Sin$
There does seem to be something different in the new file but i'm not sure what yet. There is a new version in the CMR files, it now lists the version as 59 and the file is 1971 bytes instead of only 1945 (a difference of 26).
In version 58 there is a 01 at 0x18F in the gametype I was looking at, but on version 59 that same 01 is moved all the way down to 0x1A9. That's exactly 26 bytes down although they're all just 0s.
Whatever they added is somewhere between 0x7F and 0x1A9.

Last edited:
Im4eversmart

Im4eversmart

The hacks are real
Glitcher Modder Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
There does seem to be something different in the new file but i'm not sure what yet. There is a new version in the CMR files, it now lists the version as 59 and the file is 1971 bytes instead of only 1945 (a difference of 26).
In version 58 there is a 01 at 0x18F in the gametype I was looking at, but on version 59 that same 01 is moved all the way down to 0x1A9. That's exactly 26 bytes down although they're all just 0s.
Whatever they added is somewhere between 0x7F and 0x1A9.

It may be the esports change they made. You can now rename the teams.

Top Bottom
Login
Register