Chromebook?

Harry

Harry

Dope
Programmer Mythical Veteran Journalist
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm looking into purchasing a Chromebook, this one to be exact. I know nothing on these Chromebooks, are they any good? I only really surf the internet now, nothing more and nothing less!

The specs seem pretty good compared to the majority of other ones on Amazon. What do you guys think of them?

Also is it possible to run something like Photoshop on it? In case I want to edit any photos?

Cheers!

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They're basically internet only. They use Google OS, so i don't think you can even install Photoshop or any other programs

Harry

Harry

Dope
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
Some Chromebooks you can run Linux but it's kinda rare.
I have a Chromebook but it's got an ARM processor and can't run Linux :frown: also, some Chromebooks can use the Google Play Store so you can install Android apps etc.

Have a look at PC World because you're in the UK or Ebuyer, you'll find one cheaper than £400.

Harry

Harry

Dope
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Some Chromebooks you can run Linux but it's kinda rare.
I have a Chromebook but it's got an ARM processor and can't run Linux :frown: also, some Chromebooks can use the Google Play Store so you can install Android apps etc.

Have a look at PC World because you're in the UK or Ebuyer, you'll find one cheaper than £400.

Yeah seen they can run Linux, plus the newer ones all seem to run Android apps so that is a bonus.

I liked the look of this one though as it has a pretty decent processor and better memory.

Kaden

Kaden

Halo 2 Enthusiast | Discord Fanatic
Reaction score
Sin$
I've used a Chromebook for school work, as said above by OMGNANER they are really just apps based on the chrome web store.

The trackpad for 1 is aight, but the apps are limiting. You are better at getting a casual laptop for browsing and photoshop.

If you are in the mood for only chrome web store apps then go ahead.

You can also get away with some bootleg .csrx chrome app files :wink:

Harry

Harry

Dope
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I've used a Chromebook for school work, as said above by OMGNANER they are really just apps based on the chrome web store.

The trackpad for 1 is aight, but the apps are limiting. You are better at getting a casual laptop for browsing and photoshop.

If you are in the mood for only chrome web store apps then go ahead.

You can also get away with some bootleg .csrx chrome app files :wink:

I’ve had it for about a week and I’m very impressed with it. Yes the apps are a big limitation but that’s not taking away from the good points on the machine as well.

Tell me more about these .csrx files! :woot:

Kaden

Kaden

Halo 2 Enthusiast | Discord Fanatic
Reaction score
Sin$
Harry Harry Hehe :smile:

They are not CSRX files. Indeed you can get away with installing local apps, not on the app store.

Like sideloading but with chrome, you just get a folder/dir and load unpacked and then pack it.

969955.png

Top Bottom
Login
Register