Discussion Chrome suddenly using loads more cpu

• Thread starter 7s ragdoll
  • Start date
  • Views 446
7s ragdoll

7s ragdoll

Contributor
Reaction score
For some reason about an hour ago my chrom just suddenly started using 40/50% of my cpu (was using 5% before - i5 2500k) Its also usign masses of ram. I tried disabling all of my addons and that hasnt done anything, I am using 2 tabs atm and its taking a good few seconds for the text im typing to appear on the screen< nothing has changed about my pc so i have absolutly no idea why this has starte dhappening all of a sudden.

Any help will be appreciated.

Bar Starred

Bar Starred

Contributor
Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
For some reason about an hour ago my chrom just suddenly started using 40/50% of my cpu (was using 5% before - i5 2500k) Its also usign masses of ram. I tried disabling all of my addons and that hasnt done anything, I am using 2 tabs atm and its taking a good few seconds for the text im typing to appear on the screen< nothing has changed about my pc so i have absolutly no idea why this has starte dhappening all of a sudden.

Any help will be appreciated.
Sounds like it's trying to update itself, but not doing a very good job. Windows? Ctrl+Alt+Del - switch to the processes tab and look for Setup.exe & x.x.x.x.x to x.x.x.x.x updater (x==number) and terminate both processes. Both process names could be slightly different, I am pulling them from my porous memory.

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Could be spyware/adware screwing over your computer. Download Malwarebytes and run a scan with that.

7s ragdoll

7s ragdoll

Contributor
Reaction score
Nevermnind it stopped, force updated chrome, that seemed to work.

Top Bottom