What's new

Solved Christmas Build (First Build)

S

Scazzney

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So I got a few parts for a pc build, mainly down to my uncle picking the parts for purchase.
I got:
  • Geforce 1GB GTX 650 TI
  • ASUS M5A78L-M mobo
  • 8GB Corsair Vengeance
  • AMD FX-6300 Black Edition
  • 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD
So I get that this was bought on a budget, I'm off to get a case and PSU tomorrow and just wondered if anyone could give me some advice on what I should be looking for in a case or PSU.

- Scazzney

ReSuReKtZ

ReSuReKtZ

Mythical Veteran Chatty Kathy Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
So I got a few parts for a pc build, mainly down to my uncle picking the parts for purchase.
I got:
  • Geforce 1GB GTX 650 TI
  • ASUS M5A78L-M mobo
  • 8GB Corsair Vengeance
  • AMD FX-6300 Black Edition
  • 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD
So I get that this was bought on a budget, I'm off to get a case and PSU tomorrow and just wondered if anyone could give me some advice on what I should be looking for in a case or PSU.

- Scazzney

Get a modular psu and a case with good cable management room.

ReSuReKtZ

ReSuReKtZ

Mythical Veteran Chatty Kathy Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
Any recommendations? And is 500w suitable?

500w should be enough, i am using most of the same things, except for the mobo and im getting a better gfx card, and i only need 500watts. and idk, i made the mistake of buying a non modular psu so thats on my to do list.

S

Scazzney

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
500w should be enough, i am using most of the same things, except for the mobo and im getting a better gfx card, and i only need 500watts. and idk, i made the mistake of buying a non modular psu so thats on my to do list.

ahh right cool, thanks for the help

S

Scazzney

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

Didnt wanna make a new thread but, Im getting my OS ready (windows7) but how do i know what bit to get ie, 32 or 64?

Top Bottom
Login
Register