• Start date
  • Views 5,352
strudelbeeps

keifer izGOD

Getting There
Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
hey fellas, im goin to buy this tmrw. i got the guy down to 150. i think thats cheap as hell thats why ima get it. i mean it is like 6 years old which is bad, but do you guys think this is a good buy?
Thanks

http://reading.craigslist.org/sys/3007857379.html

Mizore

Mizore

The Snow Fairy
Stickied Bright Idea Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not going to lie. That thing is a piece of ****.
However, for $150 it's a pretty good deal. It's not a gaming laptop anymore but it'll suit as a regular one just fine.

Dafuq

LOST-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it's a good deal cause worst case scenario you just need to make a couple upgrades to it

modz4bud

modz4bud

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't really make upgrades on laptops lol.

Are you serious?

He could easily upgrade the battery, the CD/DVD drive, the hard drive, the RAM, and turn it into a pretty badass laptop for not that much money. And if he is willing to throw down the money, he could get a professional to upgrade the integrated graphics chip to something more up to date. That is of course, up to the buyer as stated.

For $150-200, you are getting a pretty damn good laptop, ASSUMING of course, there is nothing else wrong with the laptop other then the crack in the case aforementioned.

Night

Night

Retired Unofficial Article Riter
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you serious?

He could easily upgrade the battery, the CD/DVD drive, the hard drive, the RAM, and turn it into a pretty badass laptop for not that much money. And if he is willing to throw down the money, he could get a professional to upgrade the integrated graphics chip to something more up to date. That is of course, up to the buyer as stated.

For $150-200, you are getting a pretty damn good laptop, ASSUMING of course, there is nothing else wrong with the laptop other then the crack in the case aforementioned.

Are YOU serious? Lol when it comes to performance, you're looking at RAM, video cards, motherboards etc. Getting that stuf upgraded in a laptop will put you in the price range of an already up to date new laptop.

I didn't say it wasn't a good deal.

modz4bud

modz4bud

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Are YOU serious? Lol when it comes to performance, you're looking at RAM, video cards, motherboards etc. Getting that stuf upgraded in a laptop will put you in the price range of an already up to date new laptop.

No. It won't. Hard drive space, CD/DVD drives, and RAM are ****ing cheap as hell nowadays. He could easily upgrade both RAM and hard drive space for under $200 and that would still put him below the price range of the newer gaming laptops.

Night

Night

Reaction score
Sin$
No. It won't. Hard drive space, and RAM are ****ing cheap as hell nowadays. He could easily upgrade both RAM and hard drive space for under $200 and that would still put him below the price range of the newer gaming laptops.

Another member who doesn't read. Upgrading that stuff in a Desktop is super cheap. It's NOT in a laptop, especially one older than ****.

modz4bud

modz4bud

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Another member who doesn't read. Upgrading that stuff in a Desktop is super cheap. It's NOT in a laptop, especially one older than ****.

Upgrading parts in an older laptop is cheaper then upgrading newer parts in a Desktop. You guys are ****ing miserably misinformed, and have NO IDEA were to look for good parts.. Good luck taking advice from Pulse iLy. What a ****ing moron.

Night

Night

Reaction score
Sin$
Upgrading parts in an older laptop is cheaper then upgrading newer parts in a Desktop. You guys are ****ing miserably misinformed, and have NO IDEA were to look for good parts.. Good luck taking advice from Pulse iLy. What a ****ing moron.

Flame much? My dad actually owns a computer shop, and I asked him. Find a laptop upgrade that's cheaper than a desktop upgrade and link it to me lol. Laptops aren't built to upgrade, and anyone who knows anything about computers would know that.

modz4bud

modz4bud

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Laptops aren't built to upgrade, and anyone who knows anything about computers would know that.

Now THAT, is ****ing hilarious. Your dad can quit his job right now, if he does what you say he does, because that statement is the most retarded ****ing statement of them all.

Night

Night

Reaction score
Sin$
Now THAT, is ****ing hilarious. Your dad can quit his job right now, if he does what you say he does, because that statement is the most retarded ****ing statement of them all.
http://www.squidoo.com/laptop-vs-desktop

Go read the "Cons of a laptop" part.

And in case you are too lazy I'll explain it for you. Laptop parts are much smaller than desktop parts, and usually require a professional to replace/install. THIS costs MORE MONEY. Not that hard to understand.

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$

He can upgrade the dedicated GPU to a 8600M GT which cost around $25, upgrade to 2GB DDR2 RAM (maximum supported) for around $20, upgrade the wireless adapter to an 802.11n, better optical drive, all for around $50 - $75. Of course, the upgrades are limited due to the old motherboard, but you get the point. For a cheap laptop costing around $200, just to browse the web, watch movies, do some light gaming (RuneScape, TF2 etc.) it's perfect.

I do get where you're coming from though, upgrading a laptop is a bigger hassle than a desktop, and you're usually limited to a certain point.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Night

Night

Reaction score
Sin$
He can upgrade the dedicated GPU to a 8600M GT which cost around $25, upgrade to 2GB DDR2 RAM (maximum supported) for around $20, upgrade the wireless adapter to an 802.11n, better optical drive, all for around $50 - $75. Of course, the upgrades are limited due to the old motherboard, but you get the point. For a cheap laptop costing around $200, just to browse the web, watch movies, do some light gaming (RuneScape, TF2 etc.) it's perfect.

I do get where you're coming from though, upgrading a laptop is a bigger hassle than a desktop, and you're usually limited to a certain point.

I agree with that, but who buys an alienware to play runescape? Lol

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
strudelbeeps

keifer izGOD

Getting There
Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, thanks for all of the updates
i was looking into to upgrading the GPU, ram, etc.
but im still deciding, i am supposed to pick it up today but i feel like it just wont be as good as i want, even after the improvements
but the $150 seems to be a really good deal. i feel if anything i can resell for the same value

edit:
im sorry but runescape is so lame.
Diablo 3 is where its at.

B

boxerdemon

Reaction score
Sin$
You're not going to be able to play diablo 3 on that, and I don't even have to look at the laptop. You'd have better luck saving the money you'd spend on the laptop and upgrades and buying something newer down the road. Probably a longer lifespan also.

lil BLu3 SMuRF

lil BLu3 SMuRF

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I
You are extremely ignorant.

Top Bottom
Login
Register