What's new

Discussion Character Transfer Back?!?!

M

MrSquiddles2K15

Your Grammar Sucks
Reaction score
Sin$
So a friend of mine went on GTA today and he noticed that the character transfer option which was removed nearly a month ago from GTA 5 has suddenly returned out of nowhere. He did attempt to transfer an account but it just took him into GTA Online instead. I'm not sure what rockstars intentions are with this but there may be a return or an exploit that can bring transfers back.

Here's some proof images

lZuVrcG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lZuVrcG.jpg
xK43FFb.png

http://i.imgur.com/xK43FFb.png
oMDmePF.png

http://i.imgur.com/oMDmePF.png

D

Deleted member 847964

No sympathy for the Devil; keep that in mind
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just a glitch man. It happens to me sometimes when I change accounts through account picker in the start menu and stuff like that. It's some kind of glitch and usually seems to be connection related or from being on another account and then switching. Or getting kicked from sitting idle at dash or doing something with the gta app minimized and sitting idle

Heathen Inferos

Heathen Inferos

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
It's that, or Rockstar just being lazy with ****. I mean, they still have the "Cash" section in your Inventory - greyed out and unusable - instead of just flushing it out. And for the optimists out there: Cash sharing will NEVER return in the way it originally did, where you could share however much you wanted to others. People would just give someone their millions, then close GTA before their money loss is saved, like before.

Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Platinum Record Mr. Nice Guy Pumpking
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's that, or Rockstar just being lazy with ****. I mean, they still have the "Cash" section in your Inventory - greyed out and unusable - instead of just flushing it out. And for the optimists out there: Cash sharing will NEVER return in the way it originally did, where you could share however much you wanted to others. People would just give someone their millions, then close GTA before their money loss is saved, like before.
Well, you can share money which you've earned from a Freemode Event (and some Biker/CEO challenges). So it's not completely useless. And as far as I know, there's a limit of $50.000 which you can share.

supr420

supr420

#1CARCLUB
Fabled Veteran Glitcher Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes but it doesn't always work or I don't understand the rules. Think it's even less like 30k

GTA_Grinder

GTA_Grinder

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
you can share 100% of any last event earnings in freeroam.

BrownMagician

BrownMagician

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
They removed the function entirely when your online the function does not even exist.

However, in the picture shown in the OP, the function still shows in Story Mode, but absolutely does nothing.

Character transfer is gone for good, and will not be returning.

The only hope we all have is for the PS4 to get exploited and run home brew on the latest online patch.

GTA_Grinder

GTA_Grinder

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Also....yeah....the SP mode could have it, as SP doesn't need any update to run the 1.00 build of the game, which the transfer option is in menu but closed serverside. Having the button doesn't mean Rockstar's system will allow or recognize the request.

Top Bottom
Login
Register