Solved Change the xilinx chip for a coolrunner

• Thread starter kenpachi82
  • Start date
  • Views 483
K

kenpachi82

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone, I have an Xbox with xilinx installed on it and I would like to swap it for a coolrunner. Can I just inject the nand into the coolrunner or I have to reread the xnand and do all the procedures. Thank you in advance

Solution
B
Hello mate, thank you once again for the time you take to answer me. I had to reassemble it while waiting to receive the coolrunner ver c that I ordered from aliexpress. Regarding the Xbox it is a slim trinity, the chip mounted below contains a capacitor which links 2 pins and there is also the WIRE which goes around the fan
For a Trinity install,i would use a Matrix v1 chip and install it using the "Muffin" install.Weekend Modder over on Youtube has a brilliant tutorial video on doing this and it is far more faster boot times than a Slim "S-RGH" install.
This seller ships worldwide and is super fast on posting out ----------------------------https://chipchopmod.uk/viperv2-dualnand-/matrixv1.

Here is TheWeekendModders...
B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Which "Xilinx Chip" do you have ?
Normally you can just de-solder all the Coolrunner wires from their solder points on your 360 motherboard,then follow either MR Mario or Weekend Modders video tuts over on Youtube to solder in your different glitch chip.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, thank you for your answer mate. I don't know which one but I have a WIRE that goes around the fan.
Can you please upload a photo of the "Xilinix chip" please,so i can help you further.Thanks so much and can i also ask as to which Xbox 360 model/version you have (is it a 360 Slim or Phat version) and if it's a "Phat" version,do you know which mainboard version is inside the casing ?

K

kenpachi82

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello mate, thank you once again for the time you take to answer me. I had to reassemble it while waiting to receive the coolrunner ver c that I ordered from aliexpress. Regarding the Xbox it is a slim trinity, the chip mounted below contains a capacitor which links 2 pins and there is also the WIRE which goes around the fan

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
For a Trinity install,i would use a Matrix v1 chip and install it using the "Muffin" install.Weekend Modder over on Youtube has a brilliant tutorial video on doing this and it is far more faster boot times than a Slim "S-RGH" install.
This seller ships worldwide and is super fast on posting out ----------------------------https://chipchopmod.uk/viperv2-dualnand-/matrixv1.

Here is TheWeekendModders "Muffin" install on a Slim Trinity board ----------------------------------------------https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Vz6wYW7E8

Solution
B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I do all the steps of the tutorial or I start at a certain step since I already have a chip installed on the Xbox.
I honestly wouldn't replace your "Xilinix" chip for a "Coolrunner" chip.I would replace it with a "Matrix v1" chip.The coolrunner rev C work best in the phat Jasper 360's for RGH installs.
I've done many Trinity slim RGH/muffin installs and all boot in around 5-10 seconds.

K

kenpachi82

Reaction score
Sin$
I reopened the xbox and here is the chip installed on it.
nadv.jpg
lnvr.jpg

I think it's matrix v1 or am I wrong

Last edited:
K

kenpachi82

Reaction score
Sin$
So I put in its place a V1 matrix. I have already placed the order when you suggested it to me and now I am waiting to receive it. Thank you very much for your help mate

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So I put in its place a V1 matrix. I have already placed the order when you suggested it to me and now I am waiting to receive it. Thank you very much for your help mate
As soon as you receive your Matrix V1 chip,de-solder all your current RGH wires from the solder points to your mainboard.Then install the new chip using the "Muffin" method installation and don't forget to grab the Trinity muffin timing files for your new chip,as you will need to program the chip.
Happy i could help you out with your Trinity and please let me know how you get on :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register