• Thread starter cameron thomas
  • Start date
  • Views 455
C

cameron thomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So i recently have figured out that my computer will not recognize my xbox dvd drive through my sata port. i really dont want to spend the money on a via card or a usb to sata adaptor, so my question is, when my xbox is jtagged, could i change the dvd key on the dvd drive using some sort of software on the xbox? or even just read the key off of it?

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
So i recently have figured out that my computer will not recognize my xbox dvd drive through my sata port. i really dont want to spend the money on a via card or a usb to sata adaptor, so my question is, when my xbox is jtagged, could i change the dvd key on the dvd drive using some sort of software on the xbox? or even just read the key off of it?
Nope. You can read the DVD key that is in your KV but not the drive itself. I too hoped that was the case but unfortunately you still need to dump it on the PC. If your drive is known to work with the VIA card it is only like 10 bucks.

C

cameron thomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope. You can read the DVD key that is in your KV but not the drive itself. I too hoped that was the case but unfortunately you still need to dump it on the PC. If your drive is known to work with the VIA card it is only like 10 bucks.
so which would be better to use, the via card or the usb to sata? on a side note, you guys are like really fast to reply to stuff.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
so which would be better to use, the via card or the usb to sata? on a side note, you guys are like really fast to reply to stuff.
Yup that is why I love this site personally. The reason I am fast is because when ever I have a free moment or two I check back just to see what happened. I have a life of course lol so there are plenty of times when I am just not around but when ever i can easily access the site and have a few minutes I check in.

Its like this. USB to SATA (the only one that works for this is the X360USB Pro by Team Xecuter) is 45 bucks but works very well with all drives and has almost no issues. The VIA card is cheap and USUALLY works but not on all drives and you can have some problems with it if you get unlucky. What model is your drive?

C

cameron thomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yup that is why I love this site personally. The reason I am fast is because when ever I have a free moment or two I check back just to see what happened. I have a life of course lol so there are plenty of times when I am just not around but when ever i can easily access the site and have a few minutes I check in.

Its like this. USB to SATA (the only one that works for this is the X360USB Pro by Team Xecuter) is 45 bucks but works very well with all drives and has almost no issues. The VIA card is cheap and USUALLY works but not on all drives and you can have some problems with it if you get unlucky. What model is your drive?
its a hitachi 47. and oh i didnt realize thats the only one that worked with it.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
so if i got a different pci card with sata ports, would that work? or does it have to be the via?
While it is possible that another card would work, the VIA6421 is the only one known to work with most drives, and it is so cheap that you shouldn't take the risk of getting another card.

Top Bottom
Login
Register