Reaction score
Sin$
**edit** post removed

Null Pointer X

Null Pointer X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It may show up in recent files, but if you disconnect it and have renamed the files, it doesn't matter.

Diesel

Diesel

I love the smell of Diesel in the morning
Reaction score
Sin$
Well if your boss walks in on you then yes lol, but other wise check the recent files, or connections. Like Null Pointer X said.

I MIKE C I

I MIKE C I

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it likely they're going to check the logs though? I'm sure there will be some evidence left behind some where, but they'd have to be searching for it to find it and unless your the only employee I doubt they will do this for everyone.

Soup

Soup

I hate Pokémon >.
Reaction score
Sin$
I was caught before because I never checked recent documents....however now that I think that was the issue from before, I delete them now. I work solo therefore I don't have to worry bout a boss walking in on me. In reference to searching for the files, I am good cause I doubt they would look or do a thorough search unless someone said hey he is watching movies can you check. I have been doing this for months and months now. I haven't been caught however I just want to double check with you guys cause some of you have wayyyyy more knowledge than me.

Could you not just bring in a Portable DVD player if there is no chance of your boss catching you?

RaveThat Turtle

RaveThat Turtle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Better still couldn't you work and then watch the films at home? :tongue:

K

knoxville363

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Soup - I could til the stupid thing broke :angry:
Rave - Why would I do that...I like to get paid to watch movies :wink:

T

someguy6322

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Soup - I could til the stupid thing broke :angry:
Rave - Why would I do that...I like to get paid to watch movies :wink:
Yeah I used to get paid by my mom to game all day.
What did you get caught for watching pirated movies or not working?

thock09

thock09

Contributor
Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well it depends, do they have some sort of monitoring software set up or no? If not, then you should be golden.

K

knoxville363

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I used to get paid by my mom to game all day.
What did you get caught for watching pirated movies or not working?
No I got caught because the person who is in charge of our computers noticed the files I would assume in the recent documents list. I know there is no security program to monitor our behavior or at least I don't think so considering I have been doing it for almost a full year now I believe...counting the time since I was "caught". The guy who I share a computer with brought it up to me. He said hey just so you know...they said (the computer lady) whoever is watching movies on the computer better knock it off. IT was never proven that I was the one actually doing it. Also understand that I don't watch movies every second at work, just before I get off or when I am eating dinner for those who are hating on me saying just work at work or whatever.

T

someguy6322

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No I got caught because the person who is in charge of our computers noticed the files I would assume in the recent documents list. I know there is no security program to monitor our behavior or at least I don't think so considering I have been doing it for almost a full year now I believe...counting the time since I was "caught". The guy who I share a computer with brought it up to me. He said hey just so you know...they said (the computer lady) whoever is watching movies on the computer better knock it off. IT was never proven that I was the one actually doing it. Also understand that I don't watch movies every second at work, just before I get off or when I am eating dinner for those who are hating on me saying just work at work or whatever.
Well it just looks like they might have checked recent docs like you said. Why don't you bring your own computer or something in? Then you wouldn't have to worry.

K

knoxville363

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
damn it....irony at its finest. I just posted this and now I just found out I have been caught. I don't know what is going to happen at work, but when I find out I will post. My boss came up to me and said hey I see you have been busy watching...and named off a bunch of stuff I watched. He said the company has records of everything I watched. I know 100% that I deleted all the recent documents where the files showed up at. Obviously I will not be doing this anymore. My question is....where are the files at then since I deleted them from the recent documents? I never installed anything or placed them on the desktop etc! I just want to know how they found all of this out. Shame on me for not renaming all the files I watched! Also please don't be posting comments like ohhhhhhh thats what you get blah blah blah. I already know I am in some deep doo doo. I don't need you to rub it in. I just need to know cause its bugging me. Thanks

D

dylanf23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
they might have a log watcher, which watches every process and file your computer does, but then again, they might have a secret camera? is it a computer that is set up by them on their network or wht?

K

knoxville363

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
they might have a log watcher, which watches every process and file your computer does, but then again, they might have a secret camera? is it a computer that is set up by them on their network or wht?
yah its on their own network....they might have a log watcher. Apparently they must not check it all the time cause like I said in my OP, I have been doing this for months and months now. There are no secret cameras. I know that 100%. Anyone know how to check a for a "log watcher". I want to do it on my own computer just to see how it works.

T

someguy6322

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
damn it....irony at its finest. I just posted this and now I just found out I have been caught. I don't know what is going to happen at work, but when I find out I will post. My boss came up to me and said hey I see you have been busy watching...and named off a bunch of stuff I watched. He said the company has records of everything I watched. I know 100% that I deleted all the recent documents where the files showed up at. Obviously I will not be doing this anymore. My question is....where are the files at then since I deleted them from the recent documents? I never installed anything or placed them on the desktop etc! I just want to know how they found all of this out. Shame on me for not renaming all the files I watched! Also please don't be posting comments like ohhhhhhh thats what you get blah blah blah. I already know I am in some deep doo doo. I don't need you to rub it in. I just need to know cause its bugging me. Thanks
Were you using the same pc to post here? maybe they saw that you were talking about it..

Wait, I have no clue what I just said. They usually have stuff like remote desktop access or whatever in the taskbar next to the clock, that's what it is like at my school

Victoria Justice

UnCle DiiGz

Contributor
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
why don't you just use a different log in or computer if you are worried i doubt they will catch you just delete the recent files and you should be good

ROBERT 7S

ROBERT 7S

lol :3 lol
Reaction score
Sin$
you could put them on a flash drive and just run it off the usb

K

knoxville363

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Were you using the same pc to post here? maybe they saw that you were talking about it..

Wait, I have no clue what I just said. They usually have stuff like remote desktop access or whatever in the taskbar next to the clock, that's what it is like at my school
no i typed this at home lol...good idea though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register