• Thread starter Alienware
  • Start date
  • Views 4,988
A

Alienware

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does reseting the challenges by ethernet or wifi adapter get you banned/reset. If so how long does it take for them to catch. Id like to stay under the cap that was set so what do you suggest I stop at.

A

Alienware

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm going to try it on another account sometime this week and see if I get banned or reset. I'll post if I get banned or if it's safe to do it. At first I was using the Oni Sword Base method but that started taking too long and lowered credits for kills. The gruntpocalypse method is what I suggest for now. It takes a while to get commendations but it's the quickest way without worrying about getting banned.

dannybhoy1

dannybhoy1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you cannot get banned you only get stopped from earning Cr till the next day

badillin

badillin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does reseting the challenges by ethernet or wifi adapter get you banned/reset. If so how long does it take for them to catch. Id like to stay under the cap that was set so what do you suggest I stop at.

No you cant, because Bungie can not BAN people.

What you can get is RESET that means you lose all your credits, all your armor, and your rank.
You keep your commendations (thats to make it harder for you to boost as you gain less Cr the higher your commendations)
Also you will get credit locked for a period of time, that means that you cannot gain Credits for a while. (THIS IS TEMPORARY! you can boost again when you are allowed to gain Credits again)

But you CANNOT GET BANNED!!!! (banned meaning not allowed to play Halo Reach online anymore)

Any type of Network manipulation (unconecting cord, signing with an offline profile to confuse the system, putting your modem on standby etc etc CAN alert bungie and they can reset you)

For what i can tell as long as you dont boost too much you can get away with it.

If you replay Checkpoints, or Play some type of game a lot you WILL NOT GET RESET OR BANNED.

Hope this clear it out for you.

A

Alienware

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

What you can get is RESET that means you lose all your credits, all your armor, and your rank.
You keep your commendations (thats to make it harder for you to boost as you gain less Cr the higher your commendations)
Also you will get credit locked for a period of time, that means that you cannot gain Credits for a while. (THIS IS TEMPORARY! you can boost again when you are allowed to gain Credits again)

But you CANNOT GET BANNED!!!! (banned meaning not allowed to play Halo Reach online anymore)

Any type of Network manipulation (unconecting cord, signing with an offline profile to confuse the system, putting your modem on standby etc etc CAN alert bungie and they can reset you)

For what i can tell as long as you dont boost too much you can get away with it.

If you replay Checkpoints, or Play some type of game a lot you WILL NOT GET RESET OR BANNED.

Hope this clear it out for you.

Yea, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. It seems everyone is saying different caps so I'll try to stay semi low.

G

GStunt100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ill say do it for 3 days and go dark for 2 weeks... and do it again :biggrin:

Or pick your poison and seek out the highest cR challenge...and boost that.

A

Alienware

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, I found out that as long as you stay under 60k then you'll be fine. If you go over 60k then you run the risk of a credit reset or credit ban. If you have been going over 60k and haven't been reset then please tell us so we can set a standard. For now around 60k seems pretty safe. I realize for higher ranks that won't get you as much as you may want, but it is better than nothing.

C

charger25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When you say credit reset, does that mean forever? Or will you just be reset for like 24 hours? Because today I decided to do the reset challenge glitch today for like 8 hours total. I would do it 2-3 times and then stop for 1hr and 30min or so and do it again. Eventually I got credit capped and I know that it will only last for 24 hours, but when people say that you get reset, does that mean you lose all your credits and everything and your credits will never come back (meaning that there isn't like a "24-hour punishment"? Please respond to this!

M

molokaiboi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, I found out that as long as you stay under 60k then you'll be fine. If you go over 60k then you run the risk of a credit reset or credit ban. If you have been going over 60k and haven't been reset then please tell us so we can set a standard. For now around 60k seems pretty safe. I realize for higher ranks that won't get you as much as you may want, but it is better than nothing.

My three friends and I all hit the 120,000 credit cap and tomorrow I will hit it again(on a f***k around account of course) and I will report back if I do get credit reset or not.

When you say credit reset, does that mean forever? Or will you just be reset for like 24 hours? Because today I decided to do the reset challenge glitch today for like 8 hours total. I would do it 2-3 times and then stop for 1hr and 30min or so and do it again. Eventually I got credit capped and I know that it will only last for 24 hours, but when people say that you get reset, does that mean you lose all your credits and everything and your credits will never come back (meaning that there isn't like a "24-hour punishment"? Please respond to this!

Look at what badillin said in his previous post...

Pedophile

TigerBlood

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
They can and do ban people from matchmaking and earning credits. Don't say they can't because they can, it's their servers they can do what they want with you on them. You are right tho in that they wont ban/suspend for replaying game types and game saves, but their is a credit cap. Also, resetting challenges will get you reset/suspended/banned.

badillin

badillin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They can and do ban people from matchmaking and earning credits. Don't say they can't because they can, it's their servers they can do what they want with you on them. You are right tho in that they wont ban/suspend for replaying game types and game saves, but their is a credit cap. Also, resetting challenges will get you reset/suspended/banned.

Would you be so kind as to point me out to a Permanently Banned person? hell even a temporary banned one (BANNED meaning they can not play Halo Reach online with friends or alone)

I dont think you can find one... if you do, please post proof.

You might be right as that its bungees servers and they might be able to do whatever they want, but im pretty sure Microsoft is the only one with the ability to Ban people from playing online.

Every single person that has been reset can STILL PLAY ONLINE, no ban of any kind. They just get reset and cant gain credits FOR A WHILE.

Pedophile

TigerBlood

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Would you be so kind as to point me out to a Permanently Banned person? hell even a temporary banned one (BANNED meaning they can not play Halo Reach online with friends or alone)

I dont think you can find one... if you do, please post proof.

You might be right as that its bungees servers and they might be able to do whatever they want, but im pretty sure Microsoft is the only one with the ability to Ban people from playing online.

Every single person that has been reset can STILL PLAY ONLINE, no ban of any kind. They just get reset and cant gain credits FOR A WHILE.
Heres a qoute from bungie.net There's a video of someone being banned from matchmaking but I cant find it.

badillin

badillin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Heres a qoute from bungie.net There's a video of someone being banned from matchmaking but I cant find it.

Id like to see that video...

AAAND... from what i can read bungee (or whoever wrote that post) has the same problem that is causing so much confusion.

They say that BANNING = RESETING (semipro tip: its not the same)

Now for some quick copy/paste with some Bolding of the key parts
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are checking this page because of an in-game message, it is likely that you have been banned from for violating the terms of use and/or committing a code of conduct violation. It is also possible in the case of an especially egregious violation, that your Xbox 360 system itself is now banned from Matchmaking. BOOSTING IS NOT THAT EGREGIOUS, AIMBOTS AND THE LIKE ARE. The duration of this ban will be based on the type, frequency or nature of the committed violation. IF YOU GET CAUGHT BOOSTING TO MANY TIMES THEY MIGHT EVENTUALLY BAN YOU? KEY WORD: EVENTUALLY

In most cases, Custom Games will still be available. In extreme cases, they will not.

Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:

* Manipulating network conditions to give yourself an advantage, or to the detriment of the experience for other players. BOOSTING DOES NOT AFFECT ANYONE BECAUSE THE ARMORS DONT GIVE SPECIAL ABILITIES, THEY JUST LOOK DIFFERENT, THEY CERTAINLY DO NOT GIVE ANY ADVANTAGE
* Modifying your Xbox 360 hardware or Bungie software and services in any way. THIS IS BASICALLY WHAT M$ DOES WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT WITH A MODDED CONSOLE BOOSTING ISNT MODIFYING
* Skill or EXP Boosting,THE ONLY PART THAT AFFECTS US BOOSTERS AND OH SO LITTLE INFO ABOUT THIS, MAYBE NOT SO IMPORTANT? deleveling, cheating, DONT CHEAT habitual quitting THIS GIVES YOU 15 MIN BAN AND YOU DESERVE IT FOR QUITTING AND TRYING NOT TO GET BAD STATS or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
* Impersonating a Bungie employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players. IM A BUNGEE EMPLOYEE SO I KNOW... WAIT NO I DONT! I DONT WANT TO GET BANNED. :tongue:

AND I BELIEVE THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS:
Please note that while this process is automated SO DONT BOOST TOO MUCH AND YOU SHOULD BE SAFE, UNLESS SOMEONE ACTUALLY REPORTS YOUR ACCOUNT AND MAKE A BUNGEE EMPLOYEE CHECK IT OUT BY HIMSELF ITS YOU AGAINST A NOT SO SMART AUTOMATED SYSTEM THAT IF YOU CAN CONTROL YOURSELF YOU CAN TOTALLY BEAT

Did you notice they dont say RESET even once?? even if thats what theyve been doing to 99.9% of the boosters?
They know that the word BANHAMMER is way more scary than RESETING TEMPORARILY

Sorry about all the caps

Pedophile

TigerBlood

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Id like to see that video...

Be my guest to find it in the Reach section.

AAAND... from what i can read bungee (or whoever wrote that post) has the same problem that is causing so much confusion.

Banned from Matchmaking.
Are you an idiot? Im sorry but you said Bungie can not ban people. I said they can. I gave proof they can. Wether or not they apply it to boosters or what they do apply to boosters is not what were arguing about. THEY CAN BAN YOU FROM MATCHMAKING. THEY CAN BAN YOU FROM THEIR ONLINE. THEY CAN BAN YOU FROM EARNING CREDITS. What part of that are you not understanding?

badillin

badillin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Be my guest to find it in the Reach section.

Are you an idiot? Im sorry but you said Bungie can not ban people. I said they can. I gave proof they can. Wether or not they apply it to boosters or what they do apply to boosters is not what were arguing about. THEY CAN BAN YOU FROM MATCHMAKING. THEY CAN BAN YOU FROM THEIR ONLINE. THEY CAN BAN YOU FROM EARNING CREDITS. What part of that are you not understanding?

Ohhh now you are calling names... bad boy

What part of Banning = not being able to play online do you dont understand?

Since you havent been able to provide proof of an actual Banning (not reseting or temporarily not allowing to gain Credits) because of BOOSTING, i will stick to my common sense, and boost in moderation.

I wont be answering any more comments from you, at least not in this topic. doesnt that just break your heart?

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
To end the above fight, it is Bungie's game, and they can ban you from it. My friend was matchmaking banned after he had done the challenge reset glitch, hitting the cap doesn't put you at any larger risk. The rate at which you GET cR does. If you get 100k cR in a day, there's nothing wrong with that. If you get 100k cR in 2 hours, there's something wrong there (In Bungie's perspective).

Pedophile

TigerBlood

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
To end the above fight, it is Bungie's game, and they can ban you from it. My friend was matchmaking banned after he had done the challenge reset glitch, hitting the cap doesn't put you at any larger risk. The rate at which you GET cR does. If you get 100k cR in a day, there's nothing wrong with that. If you get 100k cR in 2 hours, there's something wrong there (In Bungie's perspective).
Thank you for showing an example of someone being banned so I didnt have to dig up a video of someone being banned.

Top Bottom
Login
Register