What's new

Unsolved Cechk03 PS3 beeps 3 times and RF board blinks a red light.Help pleaseeeeee

• Thread starter BluesMan67
  • Start date
  • Views 104
B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,as per the title.I have been given a faulty Cechk03 (80gb fat PS3) console that totaly refuses too attempt to power on.
As soon as i flick "On" the rear power switch,the console makes 3 quick beeps and the front RF board just has a blinking red light.The console doesn't even attempt to power on.
I'm thinking it could be a problem with the consoles power supply that could be shorting out/faulty but from what i can find on Google,i doubt it's the "Red Light of Death" and more towards the power supply that's to fault.
Has anyone ever had this problem with their own PS3 ?
There's guy on Youtube who managed to convert an Xbox 360 power supply to power his PS3 BUT the link he's given in his description no longer exists.Has anyone managed to mod a 360 power supply to work on a PS3 at all please (i have a few spare 360 power supplies knocking about,so don't mind the challange to mod one.
Thanks so much guys.Look forward to your replies.

Ok guys.I've done a short video of this consoles current problem and posted it over on Youtube (link below)
I doubt it's a power problem with the consoles power supply but strongly think it's a power issue on the actual PS3's motherboard but it's got me soooooooooooooooooooooo baffled and scratching my head in confusion.
Please can anyone help with any insight info of where to try and start to fault find on this board.
Thanks so much
Youtube video link ---------------------------------https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPWiOf2A_Gg

Last edited:
S

Slim Shady

Live In Your World M0D IN OURS
Retired
Reaction score
Hi guys,as per the title.I have been given a faulty Cechk03 (80gb fat PS3) console that totaly refuses too attempt to power on.
As soon as i flick "On" the rear power switch,the console makes 3 quick beeps and the front RF board just has a blinking red light.The console doesn't even attempt to power on.
I'm thinking it could be a problem with the consoles power supply that could be shorting out/faulty but from what i can find on Google,i doubt it's the "Red Light of Death" and more towards the power supply that's to fault.
Has anyone ever had this problem with their own PS3 ?
There's guy on Youtube who managed to convert an Xbox 360 power supply to power his PS3 BUT the link he's given in his description no longer exists.Has anyone managed to mod a 360 power supply to work on a PS3 at all please (i have a few spare 360 power supplies knocking about,so don't mind the challange to mod one.
Thanks so much guys.Look forward to your replies.

Ok guys.I've done a short video of this consoles current problem and posted it over on Youtube (link below)
I doubt it's a power problem with the consoles power supply but strongly think it's a power issue on the actual PS3's motherboard but it's got me soooooooooooooooooooooo baffled and scratching my head in confusion.
Please can anyone help with any insight info of where to try and start to fault find on this board.
Thanks so much
Youtube video link ---------------------------------https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPWiOf2A_Gg
take the hdd out and turn it on then what happens? if same thing plug it back in and try again.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take the hdd out and turn it on then what happens? if same thing plug it back in and try again.
Tried it with and without a HDD plugged in and the same happens :frown: from what the guy told me who i got this console off,he told me it had been jailbroken but would that cause this effect,just by switching "On" the rear power switch without even touching the front touch power ?

Top Bottom