cant use profile after using profile editor

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by rab10000, Aug 20, 2009 with 7 replies and 399 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rab10000

rab10000 Newbie

Ratings:
    hello

just tried the xbox 360 profile editor, everything appeared to work ok ( only tried 1 achievement ) loaded up xbox profile automatically signed in.

just tried to add another couple of achievements and went to put hard drive back into the 360 and it doesnt recognise any profiles at all

however when i load the hard driv e back into the pc i can see the profile is there, does any1 know where i have went wrong? have i saved the profile in the wrong place ( which i think i have )

cant find anything anywhere whose had the same prob

also i have never used xbox live except to update to the latest dash with avatar about months ago

2. CoKra Sins

CoKra Sins Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Use the search bar, the new update is not compatible with that profile editor.

3. Gears Gamer

Gears Gamer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Maybe saved in the wrong place? You must know where the profile was to get it from xplorer 360, when you extracted it to ur desktop. Well once you have edited the profile, just put the file back into exactly the same place.

I gathered he doesn't have this latest update so it should still work fine.

4. OP
    rab10000

rab10000 Newbie

Ratings:
    hello

ive used the search bar but cant find anything also i havent connected to xbox live for about 3 months now so dont think i have the latest dash update

stuck here as i just got a new game but cant play it till i can save my profile

5. Gears Gamer

Gears Gamer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    In xplorer 360, go to partition 1 if using a memory unit, and I think partition 3 if using 360 HDD. Folder beginning with 'E' is you profile, double-click this, then double-click the FF... folder, then the 000100000 folder adn you will see the file, that is ur profile. Extract it to desktop, edit with PE, save, then put back in exactly the same place.

Also, you don't need to remove the HDD from ur xbox while doing this.

6. OP
    rab10000

rab10000 Newbie

Ratings:
    cheers for the reply

right my folder beginnig with ff also had feeding frenzy in brackets now i have no profile but when i goto the memory settings in the xbox 360 menu it says i have a corrupted gamertag.

i have whole profile saves etc on the laptop should i just format hard drive of 360 and start again?

7. OceloT

OceloT Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Before you do that, try deleteing you profile, and then recovering it from XBL. That sometimes fixes corrupted gamertags.

8. Gears Gamer

Gears Gamer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It always fixes corrupt gamertags. But since he hasn't connected to LIVE in months he would lose all the achievements since he last connected and wouldn't be able to use Profile Editor.