What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Cant Stream New Games on OBS :(

• Thread starter StickyStickx v2
  • Start date
  • Views 669
StickyStickx v2

StickyStickx v2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I really want to stream or even record in OBS but I cant so anything on new games like Black Ops 3. I can play old games like World at War or even Modern Warfare 2 at 60 fps smooth. My computer specs are fairly decent as you can see by the Specs below but surely I should be able to stream or record with OBS at 720p 60fps right?

I've noticed OBS uses a lot of resources so I was wondering is their any settings I can use so I can record or stream at 720p 60fps.

If you have any questions about my PC just ask and I can tell you if I left anything out.

Screenshots of OBS:

Specs:
GPU: MSI GTX 960
CPU: i7 4790k

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
what's your bitrate/fps at
what's your download/upload speeds

StickyStickx v2

StickyStickx v2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what's your bitrate/fps at
what's your download/upload speeds
When I play newer games my fps is usually 30fps maybe less and my bitrate is around 3500

My download and upload speeds are here
4972004932.png

Crooks

Crooks

6‮
VIP
Retired
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Try messing with your in game quality settings, if your stream gets better as a result of turning things down, then you can narrow the problem down to there.

StickyStickx v2

StickyStickx v2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Try messing with your in game quality settings, if your stream gets better as a result of turning things down, then you can narrow the problem down to there.
I have done quite a bit, I also tried turning down the resolution :frown:

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
I have done quite a bit, I also tried turning down the resolution :frown:

What I noticed is that when I stream and try to watch it on twitch, the stream is jumpy/laggy, but when I have friends who watch it the quality is perfect. So try to have someone who is not on your network try to watch it.

StickyStickx v2

StickyStickx v2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What I noticed is that when I stream and try to watch it on twitch, the stream is jumpy/laggy, but when I have friends who watch it the quality is perfect. So try to have someone who is not on your network try to watch it.
Its not that because I watch it on my phone on my mobile network. The FPS drops in OBS and it keeps switching between 30 to like 20 odd, it never reaches 60 unless I play old games.

Top Bottom
Login
Register