Solved Can't read nand....

• Thread starter x Misfit X
  • Start date
  • Views 537
X

x Misfit X

makin' it rain
Reaction score
I've soldered an ethernet cable to a xenon 360 motherboard, using the tutorial found at x-s. I plug the ethernet and lpt cable in, try using nandpro to dump the NAND, and I keep getting error 8001 on every single block. I've re-soldered each wire one by one, desoldering a wire then trying to dump (just to make sure that every wire had a good connection) and every time after I desoldered, I would get a different error, so bad soldering is pretty much ruled out. I've used 2 different ethernet to LPT cables, one that I made and one that came with the JTAG that I purchased from someone. On one of the cables, it says cannot detect flash controller, on the other I keep getting Error 8001: reading block 0, or other 8xxx errors.

I have tried taking off all of the resistors, and then I get error 0 for every block.

If anyone could help me out at all it would be appreciated.
Thanks

X

xlApollolx

A Helping Hand
Reaction score
Try using a different computer and shortening your wires. Triple check your soldering(might want to use a multimeter) if all that does not work you could try using a usb SPI NAND flasher there is a shop is the Buy, Sell, Trade forum that sells them.

X

x Misfit X

makin' it rain
Reaction score
i shortened the wires down to a little less than a foot, i tried the connection on a different motherboard and i was able to read the entire NAND, i've resoldered at least 3 times, could the board be damaged?

Top Bottom