Cant read disks after RGH install

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by coolstoof, Jun 14, 2018 with 10 replies and 274 views.

1. coolstoof

coolstoof Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi again,

So its a corona v2 (4gb) and when I try to read disks there is a short burst of the harddrive spinning up and then it stops. In addition to this, when I went to try and update the dashboard, I got the error 'Unable to decrypt KV! Eiher it's corrupt or the CPUkey you supplied is incorrect'. The cpu key is the one that I got from xell and so I don't believe it to be incorrect? I dont understand how the KV can be corrupted either since its a freshly rgh'ed console and it hasn't been tampered with.
    The need for reading disks isn't required however I would like to be able to update the console to latest dash at the very least.

Either way there's some dodgy things going on with this console and any help resolving them would be appreciated, thanks :smile:

2. Just1n

Just1n Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That is interesting. Did you dump your nand a few times and compare them?

3. OP
    coolstoof

coolstoof Newbie

Ratings:
    Yeah, several times.

4. OP
    coolstoof

coolstoof Newbie

Ratings:
    So I was able to update the console to 17526 (It was just me being an idiot and not reading the guide properly). Still unable to read disks though.

5. Just1n

Just1n Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Maybe double check your keyvault is decrypting correctly. View your dvd key. And what does it say when you put in a game? Play dvd? Does it show a dvd key within xell?

6. OP
    coolstoof

coolstoof Newbie

Ratings:
    When I put a game in the screen goes black for around 3 seconds whilst I can hear the disk drive spinning up. It then stops spinning and returns to the dashboard. The DVD does show in xell and as far as I can tell it is correct.

7. Just1n

Just1n Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Can you extract the content through xexmenu or another homebrew dashboard app?

8. OP
    coolstoof

coolstoof Newbie

Ratings:
    I can see it in xex menu, its obviously not fully reading the disk though as it copies over almost instantly and when I try to play it, it just boots me back to the dashboard.

I tried reading disks on my personal console and it appears I am getting the same issues there as I am on this console, still no idea why.

9. Newsk

Newsk Getting There

Ratings:
    Just a thought . If your having the same issue on another console you rgh'd I would check xebuild options and make sure there's not a random DVD key in that box lol.

10. OP
    coolstoof

coolstoof Newbie

Ratings:
    Well then. So I checked xebuild logs and the DVD key was the same as xell was saying. Then it clicked for me to check the dvd key on both the consoles and lo and behold they both have the same DVD key. I have the original dvd key for one of the consoles however not for the other. I guess the question is how do I go about retrieving the original dvd key?

11. Newsk

Newsk Getting There

Ratings:
    I had a feeling after u said both consoles lol. :banghead:It will be in your original nand dump . U need to clear that box b4 creating new image !​

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018