Can't play modded .maps, even with modified default.xex?

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by Kam, Mar 15, 2014 with 4 replies and 374 views.

1. Kam

Kam Stw8 Wippin

Ratings:
    I used the xex patcher to get the "1.2 Ultimate" xex. I have all armor and the flaming chest, but I'm still kicked out of games when I put a modded map in my 'maps' folder (rather than RTE-ing)

I thought this was possible. Anyone know why it won't load or how to make this work?

It's crucial, lives and loves are at stake please respond.

2. Atlas

Atlas Fughedaboudit. VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Try using H3Unlock to patch your own default.xex, that's what I had to do to remove the map checks.

3. Zuber

Zuber Extorted

Ratings:
    You must RTH if you plan to go online, if not, then maybe you made a mistake on modding your map if it won't load.

4. OP
    Kam

Kam Stw8 Wippin

Ratings:
    Thank you sir, I realized the discrepancy shortly after posting this :speechless:. The modded maps will load locally but not in matchmaking. They still have to be poked to do that.

I misunderstood what the modded xex was accomplishing.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  5. Zuber

Zuber Extorted

Ratings:
    Yeah the modded xex is basically only for removing security checks, so you can mod your .map files, add an aimbot to the xex, mod your highest skill to 50, or whatever you want, amongst other things. But at least you got it working. Have fun in matchmaking.