What's new

Solved Can't play HDD installed games on RGH after new KV?

D

drewissharing

Reaction score
I've been looking everywhere for a fix for this, and have found nothing, so I'm sorry if this is an easy fix or something.

I updated my KV for the first time today (it took about 6 months for me to get my first KV banned while running Ninja which i think it pretty good).

My only issue is that i've been playing GTA V from my HDD (installed just like you would with retail & a disc), however now that I have got a new KV I'm getting a message which reads:

Xbox Stores

You can play this game only on the console and storage device it was originally installed on.

To play on this console, delete and reinstall the game.

Is the only work around for me to download the game regular Jtag style & run it from that? Is the GTA V i've got installed on my HDD completely useless now that i have a new KV or maybe there is a work around.

I'm mainly just looking for a work around because my internet is a shocking 0.7 down speed & to download GTA V would take a real long time!

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
Are you sure you looked everywhere? I hear that a lot
Try deleting the kv, and see what happens?

D

drewissharing

Reaction score
Bro I looked everywhere that I could think of & I found one post which was sort of similar but ultimately didn't help. Trust, I'm not normally one to post ever, I just go on a grind until I find a fix.

If I delete the KV the game boots fine, but obviously I can't go online because of a console ban.

Keep in mind the place I'm getting the error message is on the normal dashboard, trying to boot from installed games. Usually on a retail at the point im getting this error it would say something about inserting the disc to play.

If i try starting the game from freestyle dash or aurora i don't get any message & it just doesn't start at all.

64G

Meerkat
Reaction score
Use XM360 and unlock all your games.

D

drewissharing

Reaction score
Unfortunately that doesn't work. I went into the DLC section, found GTA Part 0 - 5 & unlocked them, still no luck. I'm assuming GTA Part 0 - 5 might only be one disc, and the other disc doesn't show anywhere in xm360

D

drewissharing

Reaction score
I got it! I had to use a mix of xm360 (to unlock GTA V part 0 - 5) & then i had to use NXE2GOD for the GTA V Disc 2 Unlock!

Top Bottom