What's new

Can't play Fallout 3 on PC? (Windows 7)

JaypaK

JaypaK

Enthusiast
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I bought this game during the steam summer sale and just until yesterday I tried playing it. Now I tried for almost 2 hours searching online (steam forums, and misc. forums). I don't know what to do.

Now I read on the steam forums that someone said that "Fallout 3 was made just before Windows 7 rolled out, and Bethesda never made a patch to fix it."

What kind of bullsh*t is that?

They should make the "Fallout 3 is not optimized for Windows 7" a lot bigger on the Steam Fallout 3 page because this is a huge problem.

Now, I only bought this game for $5 so, I'm not as mad as I would be if I bought it for $20, but still, money is money.

Now, my question for you guys is, do you have any fixes that worked for you on WINDOWS 7 because a lot of people just posted the same old "fixes" that don't do a damn thing.

Zakb009

Zakb009

Uni pride yo!
Retired
Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It's fixable. You have to change some words in your settings.ini file. I'll find it later, my friend had to do it.

C

Collateral22

I hate fanboys.
Forum Addict Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Does it crash when starting a new game for you?

Stroth

Stroth

Jealousy Is Envy
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I bought this game during the steam summer sale and just until yesterday I tried playing it. Now I tried for almost 2 hours searching online (steam forums, and misc. forums). I don't know what to do.

Now I read on the steam forums that someone said that "Fallout 3 was made just before Windows 7 rolled out, and Bethesda never made a patch to fix it."

What kind of bullsh*t is that?

They should make the "Fallout 3 is not optimized for Windows 7" a lot bigger on the Steam Fallout 3 page because this is a huge problem.

Now, I only bought this game for $5 so, I'm not as mad as I would be if I bought it for $20, but still, money is money.

Now, my question for you guys is, do you have any fixes that worked for you on WINDOWS 7 because a lot of people just posted the same old "fixes" that don't do a damn thing.
Google search: CanYouRunIt

Click Fallout 3. The website will scan your computer (harmlessly) and will tell you what may be wrong. Report =)

JaypaK

JaypaK

Enthusiast
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Does it crash when starting a new game for you?

Yes it does.

Google search: CanYouRunIt

Click Fallout 3. The website will scan your computer (harmlessly) and will tell you what may be wrong. Report =)

No, I know for a fact I can run it. Bethesda never made a patch to make it compatible.

It's fixable. You have to change some words in your settings.ini file. I'll find it later, my friend had to do it.

Please find that and post it, I would be grateful.

Top Bottom
Login
Register