What's new

Solved Can't play any game... Please help!

• Thread starter Amanda Morais
  • Start date
  • Views 833
A

Amanda Morais

Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry if bad english
After the update 3.50 I couldn't play any game, digital or disc based. Right after a game was started, in less than 1 second, it crashed with the error ce-34224-5, and sometimes the PS4 froze and turn off. The weird thing is that other apps like youtube and netflix were working fine. I tried all possible solutions but none of them worked, so I replaced the HDD, installed the system software, but nothing changed, the PS4 still show me the same error when I start a game. I don't know what to do, it don't have warranty anymore, a lot of money and love was invested into it. Please help, I want to play Dark Souls so bad. My new HDD is a Samsung Momentus Spinpoint 1tb

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This procedure is for initializing your PS4 system and performing a new installation of the system software, such as for when you replace the hard disk drive.

• Be careful when using an update file for reinstallation. All users and all data will be deleted.
The following things are needed to perform the update:

• PlayStation®4 system
  • Computer connected to the Internet
  • USB storage device, such as a USB* flash drive
    * There must be approximately 900 MB of free space.
    • On the USB storage device, create folders for saving the update file.
      Using a computer, create a folder named "PS4". Inside that folder, create another folder named "UPDATE".
      systemupdates-ps4_pc_update_clip_diagram_us-us-02sept14.gif
    • Download the update file, and save it in the "UPDATE" folder you created in step 1.
      Save the file with the file name "PS4UPDATE.PUP".
      Click to start the download.
    • Turn off the power of your PS4™ system completely.
      Check that the power indicator is not lit. If the power indicator is lit up in orange, touch the power button on the PS4™ system for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps a second time).
    • Connect the USB storage device that the update file is saved on to your PS4™ system, and then touch the power button for at least 7 seconds.
      The PS4™ system starts in safe mode.
    • Select [Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)].
      Follow the screens to complete the update.
  • If your PS4 system does not recognize the update file, check that the folder names and file name are correct. Enter the folder names and file name in single-byte characters using uppercase letters.

A

Amanda Morais

Reaction score
Sin$
This is exactly what I did, and I'm sure I did everything right, otherwise the installation wouldn't get completed, but everything in the ps4 works except the games lol. I'm gonna try it again 
This is wierd, first time I see something like this, have you tried contacting SONY ?
The Sony support here is lame, everything they tell me to do I already did

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This is exactly what I did, and I'm sure I did everything right, otherwise the installation wouldn't get completed, but everything in the ps4 works except the games lol. I'm gonna try it again 

The Sony support here is lame, everything they tell me to do I already did

Try it again, and use the download link I gave you above that is the file to the 800MB Update file. You might have tried and reinstalled the 200 MB File which wouldn't solve this problem. Hopefully this works for you, if not let me know.

A

Amanda Morais

Reaction score
Sin$
Try it again, and use the download link I gave you above that is the file to the 800MB Update file. You might have tried and reinstalled the 200 MB File which wouldn't solve this problem. Hopefully this works for you, if not let me know.
But I used the 800 Mb file, I'm gonna try again anyway, thanks

Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Trifecta Odysseus' Summit MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I reinstalled the system and when tried to start an app the console turned off and I haven't turn it on since. I guess it's going to tech repair now
That sucks man. Hopefully you get it fixed via tech repair. Let us know how it turns out and if you need more help with this then just report this thread to be opened or just create a new thread.

Top Bottom
Login
Register