cant mod because of my mac!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by wes109, Aug 13, 2009 with 13 replies and 1,531 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wes109

wes109 Banned

Ratings:
    please help i have a 20gb xbox 360 hard drive with the non shiny sides. i use to have one with shiny sides but it got the E68 error and im out of warrenty so i could not replace it i had to buy whole new one. but this one i can mod with. but my mac wont let it work! every time i plug in my hard drive with the cable at the same time. or after the cable it says exactly in this picture :
    HTML:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lnQEFwRFpkA/Si1ieuC3epI/AAAAAAAACak/spWgEzFnBJY/s400/disk_insertion.png
    i use vista home basic on parallels (program that lets you run windows... in a window)

but i HAVE modded my friends hard drive before. but now i cant mod anyones including mine! if someone can help me or find a working solution id do anything for it!

please respond with something! :frown:

2. OP
    wes109

wes109 Banned

Ratings:
    sorry ignore the HTML code click on the attachment. PLEASE HeLp!!! :confused:cared::confused:cared::confused:cared:

3. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Hmm. I'm not familiar with Vista Home Basic on Parallels, but it could be because you didn't install a driver for the transfer cable. Try doing this:

Right click on 'My Computer' and select properties. Now click on the 'Hardware' tab. You should see the following screen:

[​IMG]

Now select 'Device Manager', scroll down to 'Other devices' and click on the + symbol beside it:

[​IMG]

Right click on 'Memory Unit' and select 'Update Driver[​IMG]...'. If asked whether you want to connect to Windows Update select 'No, not this time' and then click 'Next'. On the next screen select 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)':

[​IMG]

On the next screen select 'Don't search I will choose the driver to install.' This should launch the hardware update wizard. Scroll down to 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' which appears near the bottom of the list:

[​IMG]

On the next screen check that 'USB Mass Storage Device[​IMG]' is highlighted and select 'Next'. If a 'Update Driver Warning' appears select 'Yes':

[​IMG]

Windows will now install the driver. Once this is complete the new hardware wizard will appear again. Click cancel when it does. If you now scroll back up to 'Other devices' you will notice that 'Memory Unit' has been removed and 'MSFT Memory Unit USB Device' has appeared in it's place:

[​IMG]

Now similar to before right click on 'MSFT Memory Unit USB Device'. If asked whether you want to use Windows Update again select 'No, not this time' then on the next screen select 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced). Then after clicking 'Next' select 'Don't search. I will choose the driver to install.' You should now be back at the 'Hardware Update Wizard'. Near the top of the list should be the hardware type 'Disk drives', select this option and click 'Next':

[​IMG]

Check '(Standard Disk Drives)' is highlighted under manufacturer and 'Disc Drive' under model and then click 'Next'. If you get the 'Update Driver Warning' select 'yes':

[​IMG]

You can then click finish and close 'Device Manager'. Your memory card reader is now installed.

4. OP
    wes109

wes109 Banned

Ratings:
    ok ill try that in about 30 minutes im currently doing the nazi zombies instant round glitch lol going for 120 im on 90 right now. but one question.. can you post the exact drivers i should use? i have them but i just want the ones you would use just incase. thanks for the help twis7ed

5. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    I don't know what drivers to use. I didn't have to update my drivers I was just saying that because it helps when you are getting an error. You could also try using Xport360 or running the program as admin because you are on Vista.

I found this on another site. I don't know if this applies to you, but try this.

Try going to the Exentsions folder, remove any which have "Lexar" in the name, reboot and see if that fixes it. Don't run the Lexar "Secure" software, either, or it will reinstall the extension, and you'll have to do it all over again.

6. OP
    wes109

wes109 Banned

Ratings:
    i tried that... its ok maybe theres someone along the way that will have the same stuff as me.. thanks for the help though!. . .:mellow:

7. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
  8. OP
    wes109

wes109 Banned

Ratings:
    i would say i have an idea about what they are saying... but i dont.. im 14 im a newbie i just want to ufo on Der Riese! thats all ive wanted to do.

9. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Well, I'm not sure if you are going to be able to mod because of your set up. If you get on Windows then I can help. I'm not familiar with how you are working on your computer.

10. OP
    wes109

wes109 Banned

Ratings:
    i need driver software for my memory unit for 32 bit vista ... the only drivers are for 64 bit!

and your tutorial has one flaw. my memory unit comes up as mass storage device or whatever! not memory unit! =( what do i do

11. Sixen

Sixen Enthusiast

Ratings:
    when i do it parallels just ask me which os i want to mount it on but it still mounts it on both just press ignore..

12. GodlyChrist

GodlyChrist Newbie

Ratings:
    i have a mac osx and i was just wondering how did you even get xplorer 360 and cod tool downloaded it wont even let me download because i need a windows system or somthin and can you use a usb cable to mod or no? do you need the transfer cable

13. OP
    wes109

wes109 Banned

Ratings:
    well i got a desktop now a windows one so ive been modding *happyface :smile:

14. Sixen

Sixen Enthusiast

Ratings:
    As far as I know you can only use the usb transfer cable with windows systems unless someone develops a resigner/program to transfer data on your hard drive