cant install operating system

• Thread starter Sup iM Jeremy
  • Start date
  • Views 278
S

Sup iM Jeremy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A buddy of mine gave me his laptop to try to fix it, because when ever you turn it on everything loads fine until you boot into windows 7, and it shuts down on its own,once it restarts it boots into the operating system fine but stays on a white screen and will not change but the mouse works so it's not frozen, I tried to reinstall the operating system but after 5 minutes into the setup I get a message that says "a problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer check for viruses on your computer remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers and make sure it's properly configured" well since I can't get into Windows I can't do any of that, and so i deleted everything off the hard drive and wiped it clean using DBAN and I tried installing the operation system in the first time setup and I get the same exact message I don't know what to do from here

S

Spider Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A buddy of mine gave me his laptop to try to fix it, because when ever you turn it on everything loads fine until you boot into windows 7, and it shuts down on its own,once it restarts it boots into the operating system fine but stays on a white screen and will not change but the mouse works so it's not frozen, I tried to reinstall the operating system but after 5 minutes into the setup I get a message that says "a problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer check for viruses on your computer remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers and make sure it's properly configured" well since I can't get into Windows I can't do any of that, and so i deleted everything off the hard drive and wiped it clean using DBAN and I tried installing the operation system in the first time setup and I get the same exact message I don't know what to do from here
that means hardware is bad dude. either the HDD or CPU or something but bad hardware

K

Kbho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a kaspersky boot disc, or some similar virus scan boot disc, and maybe format the hard drive with DBAN before trying a re-install.

X

xMANU 4EVA TKx

Oh hi
Reaction score
It could be faulty RAM, Try taking a piece out.

T

The Count

Getting There
Reaction score
Usually if its stuck on white screen some piece of hardware is malfunctioned I have had same problem with newly installed hardware on pci

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Instead of doing all the things that the people above me told you to do, try installing windows again and when it gives you the error remember the error code. It's the one after "STOP:"
This is the code I am talking about.
image6_Copy.png

Btw if I had to guess what the problem is I would say it's the hdd.

Top Bottom