What's new

Unsolved Can't Install CFW, Stuck On Rogero 3.55 Downgrader

• Thread starter Prematch
  • Start date
  • Views 5,776
P

Prematch

Reaction score
Alright, I may be new to modding and may not know how to do EVERYTHING but I think there's something wrong here... I downgraded my PS3 Slim and got it on Rogero Downgrader 3.55. From there I got my Toggle QA and set it up/turned on the debug updates thing. Iv'e tried installing 3.55cfw, 3.55ofw, 4.55cfw, and KMEAW 3.55 in both the menu and safemode... Iv'e had no luck. Not even an error code or freezing download, my PS3 doesn't even read it off my USB (which is 100% working). I was told to download the latest CEX CFW but I'm not sure which one is the latest or where to download it from. I was also told to reformat my HDD but I'm not sure about doing that just yet as I would have to order the cord for it and I don't want to lol. So yea, am I ****ed? Someone PLEASE help me. I though this as going to be easy, it should be, but so far it's hell. Thanks guys!

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Since you're on Rogero Downgrader still, You need to install Rogero 3.55 v3.7
Go ahead and download that.
  1. Install QA Toggle (if you already have it installed then skip this step)
  2. Enable your QA Toggle (your screen will go black and you'll hear 2-3 beeps; if you don't hear the beeps then it didn't work)
  3. Install Rogero 3.55 CFW v3.7
After you install Rogero 3.55 CFW v3.7 Go ahead and install and updated version such as 4.78.2

Here is a download link to 4.78.2 : http://www.playstationscenefiles.co...e98b19ed459295158dc607c54f6be9b7_PS3UPDAT.PUP

P

Prematch

Reaction score
Thanks for replying man but my main problem is I can't install Rogero 3.55cfw v3.7 at all. I do everything right but my PS3 doesn't detect the update on my USB.

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Thanks for replying man but my main problem is I can't install Rogero 3.55cfw v3.7 at all. I do everything right but my PS3 doesn't detect the update on my USB.

Make sure your USB is Formatted to FAT32 also try install the update from the Recovery / Safe mode menu.

P

Prematch

Reaction score
I've tried it all, everything is right but my PS3 still won't read the update...

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
I've tried it all, everything is right but my PS3 still won't read the update...

Make sure your usb is formatted to fat 32.

1. Create a folder on your usb called PS3. (in capitals)
2. Inside the PS3 folder make another folder called UPDATE. (in capitals)
3. Put the Jailbreak file and RENAME it to PS3UPDAT.PUP file inside the UPDATE folder.
4. Put your usb into your ps3 [ Put USB in the Right USB Port ] and go to the settings column, go to system update and update via storage device.

P

Prematch

Reaction score
Yea I've been doing these steps since day one. I try installing in both the menu and recovery, my QA is toggled, debug update is on, files are all named correctly, USB in right port... I do everything exactly like it's supposed to be... Any thing else you know of that could help me? Someone told me to reformat my HDD but I'm not sure if I need to. I tried putting a different PS3 HDD in my slim to see what happens and it came up with the error that needed it to be reformatted, so I'm pretty sure my regular HDD is fine. My BD is also working, it read the disk I put in it.

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Yea I've been doing these steps since day one. I try installing in both the menu and recovery, my QA is toggled, debug update is on, files are all named correctly, USB in right port... I do everything exactly like it's supposed to be... Any thing else you know of that could help me? Someone told me to reformat my HDD but I'm not sure if I need to. I tried putting a different PS3 HDD in my slim to see what happens and it came up with the error that needed it to be reformatted, so I'm pretty sure my regular HDD is fine. My BD is also working, it read the disk I put in it.

Have you tried another USB Device ? I have a Sandisk 3.0 and a Sandisk 2.0 and I believe the 2.0 detected the file instantly, but the 3.0 wouldn't detect anything or vice versa. But I know for sure one of my USB Devices did not read the PUP Files.

P

Prematch

Reaction score
Well I could try that out... However the USB I'm using had to detect the Rogero Downgrader to even get it on my PS3 in the first place lol

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Well I could try that out... However the USB I'm using had to detect the Rogero Downgrader to even get it on my PS3 in the first place lol

True, this is an odd problem if it managed to read the first file , you should have no problems reading the second.

P

Prematch

Reaction score
Yea... I'm not sure what to do. No one can tell me anything. When I put my Rogero 3.55cfw v3.7 in my PS3 and try in recovery mode, it gives me a message that reads this... "No applicable update data was found. Connect storage media that contains update data version 9.99 or later..."

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Yea... I'm not sure what to do. No one can tell me anything. When I put my Rogero 3.55cfw v3.7 in my PS3 and try in recovery mode, it gives me a message that reads this... "No applicable update data was found. Connect storage media that contains update data version 9.99 or later..."

Make sure Toggle QA is enabled, so run it and make sure you hear two beeps then go to Settings > Network Settings [ Hover over it and press the corresponding buttons ] L2+R2+L1+R1+L3 and Dpad down. Then you will see debug settings once you see that. Boot into Recovery mode and try again.

Also make sure there is NO disk in the console.

P

Prematch

Reaction score
I JUST did that about 6 or 7 times in a row lmao. 
I mean I don't think this would do anything but what should my Network settings be right now? I'm disconnected from the Internet. Don't think I even connected to my wifi at all before this, I bought it refurbished and downgraded right after I bought it. 
Also when I was downgrading I kept getting 1/138 failed and it was from the Hash or something like that... I turned it off and got the OK. Don't think that matters but who knows. :tongue:

P

Prematch

Reaction score
I'm not retarded here, I know what to do but my console doesn't want to work and Idk why

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
I'm not retarded here, I know what to do but my console doesn't want to work and Idk why

I'm trying to figure out why, I've listed everything to fix it and nothing is working.

P

Prematch

Reaction score
One last thing, I've seen stuff about the BD. Mine works and reads the games and starts playing them, but when I put in a game/take out a game it has a weird sound. Like a cranking kind of sound on top of the regular mechanical sound as it goes into the drive. After that it doesn't make a sound when it reads it. I just thought of this, it may be important but Idk. Hmm... I'm putting a disk in and out of the BD right as I type this and I just heard it make a couple sounds like it was restarting/stopping and restarting again. I could open the PS3 back up and take a look, maybe tighten up the screws but like I said, it works at playing the games. Would this be effecting it at all? 
I've always played on a fat and never a slim so I can't compare sounds btw

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
One last thing, I've seen stuff about the BD. Mine works and reads the games and starts playing them, but when I put in a game/take out a game it has a weird sound. Like a cranking kind of sound on top of the regular mechanical sound as it goes into the drive. After that it doesn't make a sound when it reads it. I just thought of this, it may be important but Idk. Hmm... I'm putting a disk in and out of the BD right as I type this and I just heard it make a couple sounds like it was restarting/stopping and restarting again. I could open the PS3 back up and take a look, maybe tighten up the screws but like I said, it works at playing the games. Would this be effecting it at all? 
I've always played on a fat and never a slim so I can't compare sounds btw

That shouldn't be affecting this . The only thing that would affect this is :
  1. Wrong file name
  2. Not formatted to FAT 32
  3. Toggle QA not Enabled
  4. USB Port not working
Possibly try the left side USB port ?

P

Prematch

Reaction score
Yea, It actually sounds kind of sketchy. I never tried out the BD before I took it apart too :/ 
I know the right and left ports both work, they both connect my controller... I could try the left port a few times

P

Prematch

Reaction score
Yea all my files are named correctly and in the correct folders. My USB (SanDisk Cruzer Switch) is set to "(Default) Fat32", and my PS3 is QA toggled, when ever I turn it on and do the button combo it shows the 3 extra folders/programs. I then try to update in the menu, and when it doesn't work I turn off my console, then enter safe mode, and select Update. Doesn't work... 
Oh and my files on my USB are PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

P

Prematch

Reaction score
Should I just update my PS3 to 4.80ofw and redowngrade it or what? How do I even get the Downgrader Off? I can't even install 3.55ofw if that's how you do it. God this is annoying.

Top Bottom