What's new

Solved Cant get the modded profile? (Emergency!)

• Thread starter Rampancy
  • Start date
  • Views 3,160
R

Rampancy

Reaction score
Sin$
hey guys I just modded all the armor and stances for my friend and it all worked on my end, but when he went to re-download his profile it did not show up on his end. any suggestions on how he can download the modded file instead of the one that is the same as what he had before?

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm having trouble getting my modded profile to stick online. When I do it offline everything shows unlocked but once I connect to xbox live everything goes back to normal, not sure what i'm doing wrong, can someone help me out?
First try recovering the account before modding it, to make sure the gpd isn't corrupt. If the mod resets no matter if you sign in on the dashboard and start Halo 4, or if you sign in while already on Halo 4, try the following.

After you've modded your most current gpd with whatever program, and it's on your usb drive ready to go:
  1. Remain on the Dashboard/Xbox-Home, with the usb drive plugged in.
  2. Disconnect your ethernet cable or wireless adapter so that you cannot connect to Xbox LIVE. If you are using a slim's built-in wireless, you will need to go to network settings and hit Y on your wireless connection to disconnect.
  3. Sign in to your profile.
  4. Reconnect your ethernet cable or wireless adapter. If you are using a slim's built-in wireless, reconnect to your wifi, but do not accept the network test as that will sign out your profile.
  5. You should be signed in to your profile, but not connected to LIVE. At this point, start Halo 4 (it should keep you offline when you start the game).
  6. Check to see if the mod worked.
  7. Hit the guide button, and select "Connect to Xbox LIVE".
This seems to work when other methods fail, but if it doesn't, re-download your profile and try again using the new gpd it generates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kira

Kira

Legendary Veteran Video Connoisseur Fabled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
First try recovering the account before modding it, to make sure the gpd isn't corrupt. If the mod resets no matter if you sign in on the dashboard and start Halo 4, or if you sign in while already on Halo 4, try the following.

After you've modded your most current gpd with whatever program, and it's on your usb drive ready to go:
  2. Disconnect your ethernet cable or wireless adapter so that you cannot connect to Xbox LIVE. If you are using a slim's built-in wireless, you will need to go to network settings and hit Y on your wireless connection to disconnect.
  4. Reconnect your ethernet cable or wireless adapter. If you are using a slim's built-in wireless, reconnect to your wifi, but do not accept the network test as that will sign out your profile.
  5. You should be signed in to your profile, but not connected to LIVE. At this point, start Halo 4 (it should keep you offline when you start the game).
This seems to work when other methods fail, but if it doesn't, re-download your profile and try again using the new gpd it generates.
Hey ManBear...I tried doing this with my friends profile, however as soon as I launch Halo 4 it just automatically connects me to LIVE. Any idea how to prevent that?

EDIT: Surprisingly, recovering the account fixed that issue as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Catala69

Catala69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For my part, I launch halo 4 without any profile, then start with a temporary profile. When I'm on the main menu, I sign in my profile, and then reconnect my ethernet cable. :wink:

Upvote 0
Kira

Kira

Legendary Veteran Video Connoisseur Fabled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
For my part, I launch halo 4 without any profile, then start with a temporary profile. When I'm on the main menu, I sign in my profile, and then reconnect my ethernet cable. :wink:

That won't really work for those who have the wireless adapter though.

Upvote 0
death strike

death strike

Reaction score
Sin$
have you tried to turn off the modem
and conect to your profile, and then turn on the moden and log in to live

Upvote 0
A

AmigoNigro

Reaction score
Sin$

On step 7 i can connect to xbox live but it says something like "Saved games are on another xbox that used this profile, now using saved data from the other console" and with no options it reloads halo 4 and signs me in. So then I have NO mods.

Upvote 0
ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
On step 7 i can connect to xbox live but it says something like "Saved games are on another xbox that used this profile, now using saved data from the other console" and with no options it reloads halo 4 and signs me in. So then I have NO mods.
Try starting H4 after recovering the account, and messing with settings to make it save something (ie. change sensitivity back and forth). If it's the current gpd, it should not show that message unless it was corrupted during the modding process (either by the modding program, or the package editing program if you're extracting/injecting the gpd).

Upvote 0
A

AmigoNigro

Reaction score
Sin$
Try starting H4 after recovering the account, and messing with settings to make it save something (ie. change sensitivity back and forth). If it's the current gpd, it should not show that message unless it was corrupted during the modding process (either by the modding program, or the package editing program if you're extracting/injecting the gpd).

Omg! I think it worked:biggrin: Just recovered the account.
So will these features I unlocked stay on my account permanently?

Upvote 0
S

SpilldBongWater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
On step 7 I can't connect to XBL. Says my console cant, but I entered my WEP Key and just didn't connect to the tests.
So I don't know what I'm not doing right.

Upvote 0
ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's the way to successfully load a recently modified gpd into the game and having it stick. Works for both, ethernet and wireless.

please LIKE if this helps.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/release-halo-4-profile-editor.803590/page-33#post-8110964
It sticks every time for me using what I said here. That seems to be pretty much the same thing with more steps, is it for people having issues with the wireless automatically connecting them when they start the game?

Upvote 0
A

Alex673

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, when you open halo signed into your profile , it logs you onto XBL as soon as the main menu comes up

Upvote 0
ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, when you open halo signed into your profile , it logs you onto XBL as soon as the main menu comes up
Never does for me, but I'm not wireless. I tested once on wireless and it worked, which is why I added that into the tut, no clue why it makes some people connect when it launches and others not. Glad someone figured out a way to do it for everyone.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register