• Thread starter orimate777
  • Start date
  • Views 1,044
orimate777

orimate777

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to be a part of this great original XBOX community, and I'm happy to learn new things everyday about these fantastic machines. I run into a problem recently that I really hope some of you can help with:

1st off, I got the XBOX in 2006 it was brand new, but immediately received a softmodding and now it has an ExolutionX dashboard. There were about 6-7 emulators pre-installed by the guy who modded it for me. I can install ROMs to each emulator without a problem, but unfortunately when I copied PCSXBOX folder into the 'Emulators' directory (C:\Emulators) I can't find it in the list on the XBOX dashboard.

Please have a look at these pictures yourselves:

1st: you can see the C drive:
xbox1_zpssy8js5x4.png

2nd: you can see the 'emulators' directory:
xbox2_zpsgwylrpak.png

3rd: you can see the XBOX dashboard:
xbox3_zpsm0qqrblz.png

4th: you can see the 'Emulators' section of the dashboard:
xbox4_zpsdrayywif.png

orimate777

orimate777

Reaction score
Sin$
Nevermind, I found the solution just minutes after posting the thread. I won't delete it in case anyone else got the same issue.

So, as you can see on the 1st picture of my thread there's a "fonts" directory. I opened it you know "just in case..." and I found an 'evox.ini' file inside. Opened it with a text editor and realised that I have to add a line that adds the emulator to the menu and also shows its path. My issue seems to be quite unique but I'm sure I'm not the only one, and I wish someone had posted a tutorial about it before, it could've saved me a few hours of my life.

Just have a look at these pictures so you'll understand:

1st: this is how the 'evox.ini' looked like originally:
xbox5_zpsyomclaas.png

2nd: added the line for PCSXBOX v21:
xbox6_zpsbs5nqgve.png

3rd: checking it up in the EvolutionX dashboard:
xbox7_zpsgfgnzers.png

And now it's working fine for me, I just have to look for some awesome PSX games :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register