• Views 5,434
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jipseey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So does anybody know why it takes me absurdly long to find games on MW2? Most times it just says that No Games can be Found
Nat Type (at the time of posting this): OPEN

Twain

Twain

Kamehameha!
Reaction score
Sin$
So does anybody know why it takes me absurdly long to find games on MW2? Most times it just says that No Games can be Found
Nat Type (at the time of posting this): OPEN
You need a real gold membership in order to find public lobbies in MW2. Spoofed gold doesnt work!

Upvote 0
Twain

Twain

Kamehameha!
Reaction score
Sin$
I do have a real gold xbl membership
Well if it's not your Internet/NAT Type nor the gold membership, maybe you're searching for the wrong gamemodes. It's a pretty old game and i wouldnt expect any lobbies besides in ffa, tdm, snd, domination or groundwar

Upvote 0
PRISM II

PRISM II

Reaction score
Sin$
The only game modes I can find games on (even with open NAT) is FFA,TDM,and ground war. Sometimes on an evening with a higher client base I'll find SnD and Capture the flag.

Upvote 0
XeCrash

XeCrash

C++, C# Coder/Support
Hidden Devils
Free Hoster Seasoned Veteran Programmer
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The only game modes I can find games on (even with open NAT) is FFA,TDM,and ground war. Sometimes on an evening with a higher client base I'll find SnD and Capture the flag.
Problem solved then mw2 is just old af

Upvote 0
J

Jipseey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Problem solved then mw2 is just old af
Thats not the reason in my case. On retail, I find games almost instantly while on my Jtag, it takes a while and sometimes I cant even find games in any gamemode whether TDM or SnD or Ground war

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Twain

Twain

Kamehameha!
Reaction score
Sin$
Thats not the reason in my case. On retail, I find games almost instantly while on my Jtag, it takes a while and sometimes I cant even find games in any gamemode whether TDM or SnD or Ground war
well then it's probably because you are using force host...

Upvote 0
ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you have the map packs?
I wouldn't imagine there are many people playing with them.

Upvote 0
ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah i do have them, should i delete them from the mw2 directory?
Delete them from where ever you have them.
Either in containers in your content folder, or inside your actual game directory.

Although if you would have them in your game directory, you need to replacement files I'm quite sure :/
(So a fresh install of MW2 I'm pretty sure)

Upvote 0
J

Jipseey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Either in containers in your content folder, or inside your actual game directory.

Although if you would have them in your game directory, you need to replacement files I'm quite sure :/
Could a old patch_mp.ff from TU6 be affecting this aswell? I'm not sure if I have an unmodified patch_mp.ff file in there or a modded one

Upvote 0
J

Jipseey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Anyway I can contact you for help on other problems Im having?

Upvote 0
J

Jipseey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope.

Make a thread in the appropriate section.
If deleting the DLC requires a fresh install, would I need to delete all the pre-existing files and do a fresh install or just have it copy over and add missing files?

Upvote 0
Twain

Twain

Kamehameha!
Reaction score
Sin$
If deleting the DLC requires a fresh install, would I need to delete all the pre-existing files and do a fresh install or just have it copy over and add missing files?
You delete your current MW2 game folder and then either freshly install it via disc or copy it over from your pc...

Upvote 0
J

Jipseey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You delete your current MW2 game folder and then either freshly install it via disc or copy it over from your pc...
Is the best way to install it again to just make a new directory in the games folder?

I've just been dong this by CopyDVDing the disc into the folder via xexmenu

Last edited:
Upvote 0
J

Jipseey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That should be alright
Aight, do I have to throw in the TU8 files I downloaded in there afterwards too or leave as it is

**EDIT**
After a fresh install, I'm able to find a lot more games than before and join them faster & have my menu working. This is solved & can be closed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register