What's new

Support Can't find 3DS XL in stock anywhere!

• Thread starter FrodoSwaggins15
  • Start date
  • Views 3,014
FrodoSwaggins15

FrodoSwaggins15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So title pretty much say it. I've been looking for a New 3DS XL specifically the Galaxy Edition.
But it's not in stock anywhere! I've checked local and online for all major stores and no luck. Walmart is selling some online for $287 which is a ridiculous price for a $199 console.

Is there any reason these are out of stock everywhere? It's been like 2 months. Is anyone else having this problem where they live too?

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So title pretty much say it. I've been looking for a New 3DS XL specifically the Galaxy Edition.
But it's not in stock anywhere! I've checked local and online for all major stores and no luck. Walmart is selling some online for $287 which is a ridiculous price for a $199 console.

Is there any reason these are out of stock everywhere? It's been like 2 months. Is anyone else having this problem where they live too?
There is an artifical shortage going on with them to drive up demand much like Nintendo did with Amiibo's. Your best bet is to keep looking or going the used route

The galaxy edition was only limited quantity however. So good like finding that for normal price

FrodoSwaggins15

FrodoSwaggins15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh great...
Amazon had them for sale yesterday for like 5 minutes. By the time I updated my payment info, they were sold out.
Any idea when this "shortage" is supposed to end?

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh great...
Amazon had them for sale yesterday for like 5 minutes. By the time I updated my payment info, they were sold out.
Any idea when this "shortage" is supposed to end?
Considering that the galaxy n3ds system was limited edition. Probably no time soon. Id look into ebay or gamestop for used options

Antrax

Antrax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can't you just order one from the Target or Walmart website? I just checked the target website and I can get it by Feb 7 or 9. Might be because of where I live??

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Considering that the galaxy n3ds system was limited edition. Probably no time soon. Id look into ebay or gamestop for used options
There has been recent restocks of the galaxy 3ds have shown up at targets, I know the store that I work at got 2 in.

FrodoSwaggins15

FrodoSwaggins15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There has been recent restocks of the galaxy 3ds have shown up at targets, I know the store that I work at got 2 in.
Yeah I finally found a Galaxy edition at GameStop. I think it differs heavily by location.

M

MrE123

Reaction score
Sin$
Try to get one with IPS screens, not TN screens, if you can.

Your best bet would be the Black and Red n3DS XLs if you want IPS.

Antrax

Antrax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So, my friend wanted a 3DS XL and boy was it hard to find one. Went to the local target and GameStop out of stock, drove like an hour away from where we live. Check the malls GameStop nope, check another target Nope, check another GameStop nope, check Best Buynope and finally we found a gamstop that had one Galaxy 3DS XL in stock. It took use about 4 hours just to find one. Why are they so hard to find? Oh and they don't come with a charger wtf lol?

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So, my friend wanted a 3DS XL and boy was it hard to find one. Went to the local target and GameStop out of stock, drove like an hour away from where we live. Check the malls GameStop nope, check another target Nope, check another GameStop nope, check Best Buynope and finally we found a gamstop that had one Galaxy 3DS XL in stock. It took use about 4 hours just to find one. Why are they so hard to find? Oh and they don't come with a charger wtf lol?
The new 3ds systems do not come with a charger. Since nintendo wanted to keep the price a bit lower

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The reason for the 3ds shortage is Nintendo switched many of there 3ds manufacturers over to Nintendo Switch, so only a small streem of 3ds systems are showing up in stores.

Top Bottom
Login
Register