cant enable ics

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by xpitbullx, Feb 19, 2009 with 11 replies and 455 views.

1. xpitbullx

xpitbullx Newbie

Ratings:
    hey im trying to setup my pc thats wirelessly connected to the internet with my xbox 360 im using the ethernet cable that came with the xbox and have that hooked up to the xbox. When i hook those two up the lan connection says limited or no connection allowed, I tried enabling Ics I get a messege saying : An error occured while internet connection sharing was being enabled. Internet connection sharing cannot be enabled. A LAN connection is already configured with the IP adress that is required for automatic IP addressing.

Does anyone know how to fix this? thanks.

*I know this will probaly get locked but ive allready asked this in the helping forum and seems no one replies..I wud just like an answer*

2. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Go to your network connections. Highlight your local area connection and your wireless connection. Right click, select 'bridge connections'

3. OP
    xpitbullx

xpitbullx Newbie

Ratings:
    yeah i did that then my wireless connection didnt have internet access so i didnt know if that was good or not, so I deleted the bridge. Am I supposed to bridge them and then I'm able to enable ICS on my Wireless Network Connection?

4. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You shouldn't need to mess with ICS from my experience

5. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    If you have a bridge, you don't want ICS. Only do one or the other.

6. OP
    xpitbullx

xpitbullx Newbie

Ratings:
    uhmm im really confused then lol. well when i hook up my xbox to my wireless pc the LAN doesnt connect and when i bridge my wireless connection with the lan I dont have internet any more...so wut do i do?

so can any one help me out with this step by step or lead me to a guide with my solution

thanks

7. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    'Wireless bridging'

Search for it

8. xJaypex

xJaypex Newbie

Ratings:
  9. OP
    xpitbullx

xpitbullx Newbie

Ratings:
    well i did the following just now : I disabled wireless internet then turned on ics and I had ics working and i had my xbox connected to my pc and it said local are connection is connected but I still couldnt get on live so I tried to bridge the two connections and i got an error like.. You need 2 high speed internet connections 1 lan or w.e I dont remember it. So whats a matter now?

10. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    You can't have a bridge with ICS enabled...

11. OP
    xpitbullx

xpitbullx Newbie

Ratings:
    ahh.. lol im so confused do you have ny idea whats wrong and wut to do?

12. PaV

PaV Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i have the same problem, except my xbox to my pc is wires, and i have a wireless connection from my router to my pc, but when i bridge it sayd i have limited or no connectivity, so i cant get on the internet and i cant get on XBL