What's new

Unsolved Can't Downgrade

• Thread starter TheNumb3r2
  • Start date
  • Views 485
T

TheNumb3r2

Reaction score
on rebug 4.78.1 had some problems , need to downgrade, upgrade via storage medium will not read, "no applicable update data found" tried multiple drives on fat 32, correctly formatted, also tried different down graders and even ofw 3.55 and no go. any one have any suggestions or maybe has run into this before, any help would be much appreciated. thanks

P

Pianist Prodigy

Keep living!
Retired
Reaction score
on rebug 4.78.1 had some problems , need to downgrade, upgrade via storage medium will not read, "no applicable update data found" tried multiple drives on fat 32, correctly formatted, also tried different down graders and even ofw 3.55 and no go. any one have any suggestions or maybe has run into this before, any help would be much appreciated. thanks
Are you sure you have a folder name PS3 then inside of that folder UPDATE then you drag the downgrader inside of that UPDATE folder, rename the file to PS3UPDAT.PUP ?

T

TheNumb3r2

Reaction score
yes Pianist, did it several times on multiple cards just to make sure. have 2 thumb drives tried both they both will still read package files just not the update in the PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP format. is there any way i could have possibley been put back to 4.78 OFW? I thought if that happened I wouldn' t have the ability to put in .pkg files. can't even install downgrade or any thing else via usb from safe mode.

P

Pianist Prodigy

Keep living!
Retired
Reaction score
yes Pianist, did it several times on multiple cards just to make sure. have 2 thumb drives tried both they both will still read package files just not the update in the PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP format. is there any way i could have possibley been put back to 4.78 OFW? I thought if that happened I wouldn' t have the ability to put in .pkg files. can't even install downgrade or any thing else via usb from safe mode.
I'm actually have an issue with one of a members PS3 that I downgraded from 4.78 OFW to Kneaw 3.55 using E3 Flasher but for some odd reasons it will say data corrupt for Rebug 4.78,4.76, 4.75, 4.65 on the xmb but then in the Recovery mode it doesn't find the UPDATE on the USB so yeah I don't know console isn't finding the update. I have the USB format Fat32 and PS3 folder inside that UPDATE folder along with Rebug 4.78 etc to PS3UPDAT.PUP and hell I even try my other USB but nope system will no detected the UPDATE on my usb which I find weird.

But I fixedmy issue by going back to 3.55 Kneaw from Rogero 3.55 RSOD and installing
REBUG_4.65.1_REX_PS3UPDAT

Last edited:
Top Bottom