cant connect to live....

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Eternal, Dec 30, 2008 with 1 replies and 254 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eternal

Eternal Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hello,

I just recently got a 360 and the first thing i tried to do was connect to xbox live. Problem is, I cant.

My 360 is connected to a router (DI-624) and into a Motorola modem, using a 20mb cable connection.

The router reads it, I have no firewalls or filters (even set to DMZ), and the ports are open for connection, so I have nothing preventing it from connecting (that I know of).

What happens is when I attempt to connect to live through a test connection, all of the tests pass except the last one where it attempts to connect to xbox live. The network test, computer test, and even the internet test passes, but when its testing the connection to live, it immediately resets my entire internet connection, disabling my internet connection to both PC's in my room (haven't tested the third PC in my house), but the point is it kills my internet, only when I try to connect to live. Everything else seems to work fine.

I've tried disabling firewalls, DMZ, Static DHCP, and I am going to try to press the reset button on my router to make sure thats not the problem shortly.

Any other ideas? I dont wanna have to bridge the connection cause I don't have any more PCI ports on my pc (and only 1 available PCI-E x1 port)

2. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.