What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Can't boot into dash but can boot into xelll

• Thread starter treeman1
  • Start date
  • Views 653
T

treeman1

Reaction score
Sin$
I read the nand on a 16mb corona using a picoflasher and got the below message:

"Bad block detected in Xell image area (0x00-0x50) This may cause the console to not boot properly. If this occurs, replace the NAND TSOP chip and rewrite the image"

After trying a few times and comparing images eveything looked the same so I went ahead with the xell creation and wrote it.

Xbox booted to xell no problem, got the cpu key and created the rgh3 image then flashed it successfully.

When I press power button I get a black screen and just green led. When i boot with eject xell boots everytime.

I flashed back the original nand and boots to stock, tried the process again and same results.

I read on a post that rebuilding the nand image from stock and using my cpu key could fix it, I am not sure where I can find a stock corona 16mb image. Can anybody give me some pointers please?

T

treeman1

Reaction score
Sin$
I tried everything and no luck, next step is to change the nand chip. I got a 16mb trinity would that nand work as a donor? They are both 16mb but the corona is a different manufacturer st vs hynx. Anybody know?

T

treeman1

Reaction score
Sin$
Not much replies here, but maybe this post will help somebody in the future. I went ahead and took off a 16mb chip from a banged up trinity I have and swapped it onto the corona.

Lucky I was able to get the cpu key, using other posts I figured out how to create a donor corona nand with jrunner using my cpu key and lv count along with making it a rgh3 nand.

Flashed it with xell onto the new trinity nand which now did not give me any errors.

System now booted it seems to work, I installed aurora however haven't used it extensively

PXL-20240410-001152130.jpg

PXL-20240410-031558945.jpg

PXL-20240410-030902668.jpg

PXL-20240410-033403615.jpg

Top Bottom
Login
Register