What's new

Discussion Can't Afford the $299 Xbox 360? The New Arcade Might Be Right for You

D

Degree

T R A P S O U L
Retired
Reaction score
Remember the older Xbox Arcade? It was the lowest version of the Xbox that you were able to purchase. So what made it cheaper than the higher models? The main reason what that it shipped without the harddrive, so you needed to buy one if you wanted to play Xbox Live, or save more media than a memory card could hold. It had a slightly different look to it, and by that I mean that the CD disc tray was matching white, rather than silver, such as the higher up versions of the Xbox were.

To some, including myself, the $299 price tag that comes along with the new Xbox 360 “Slim” is a bit, well hefty. That’s one of the reasons as to why I went with the original Arcade just a few years back. But could we see this again? JoystickEngage had apost just a few weeks ago covering the rumors of what Amazon Germany has suggested as of yesterday. They’re saying that the Arcade bundle will not include a harddrive, somewhat of a given at this point, and 4GB of storage, whether that’s internal or external we don’t know as of this point. That could be either in the form of flash internal memory, or a USB stick and/or memory card. Also, no word has been said as far as built in Wi-Fi. We saw this in the new Xbox 360, so my guess is that we’re going to see it repeated in the Arcade. The price has been set at $190, but Microsoft has told many sources that the final price will be $199.

To most, 4GB is just enough to store all of their game data, so would you consider this bundle? I certainly would, just because I’m not one who stores all of my movies/media on my Xbox, and for 100 bucks less, I say why not?
amazon_1279081356.jpeg

Source:
http://www.joysticke...-right-for-you/

H

Halo

AIDS for everyone
Reaction score
Link is broken, but over all nice article :smile:

S

SnD Scrub

The Warez kings humble Protégé
Reaction score
my opinion no built in wifi but will still be kinect ready

B

blazedelite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think the new xbox is an all around better choice

Q

qaadka

Se7en Elite
Reaction score
I'll get it if there's built in wifi still

M

Marino HD

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Definitely would consider this if it has the built in WiFi.

X

x Enjoi Life x

Reaction score
I don't care if it has built in Wi-fi. i already have an adapter and i sure as hell dont need a 250gb hard drive. i have a 20gb and i have 8gb. - demos ill probably 12 gb free!
4gb is more than enough to play games online and everything. this is good for people like me who dont have 50 games. ( i only have 2) :tongue:

M

Marino HD

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
I don't care if it has built in Wi-fi. i already have an adapter and i sure as hell dont need a 250gb hard drive. i have a 20gb and i have 8gb. - demos ill probably 12 gb free!
4gb is more than enough to play games online and everything. this is good for people like me who dont have 50 games. ( i only have 2) :tongue:

As I said, the WiFi would absolutely sell me on buying this console.
I only play 3 games normally so 4GB is more than enough, not to mention I have other flash drives I can use for storage if needed.

X

x Enjoi Life x

Reaction score
As I said, the WiFi would absolutely sell me on buying this console.
I only play 3 games normally so 4GB is more than enough, not to mention I have other flash drives I can use for storage if needed.

exactly, the wifi would be great, but people with the regular 360 now, have it or can get it for cheap. i think no matter what, this console will be an amazing deal.

M

Marino HD

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
I found this article on a gaming website.
It claims Microsoft confirms this new console.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180024

However, it says nothing is known about other features yet.

X

x Enjoi Life x

Reaction score
good find, thanks. im probably going to get one, trade in rhe 360 i have now for it. going to be sick. no useless apce on my HDD! xD

here's a pic in english
XBOXNEW.jpg

Top Bottom