Can't access Xbox Live

Discussion in 'Xbox Support' started by whocares5521, Nov 26, 2008 with 5 replies and 709 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whocares5521

whocares5521 Newbie

Ratings:
    i have a modded xbox with unleashx on it, and i've been modding without problems for awhile now, but i try and get online through halo 2 (the only game ive tried to get online through) and i get a message saying "You have an important message from xbox live. would You like to go to Account management in the Xbox Dashboard?" and if i click cancel, it doesn't let me sign in, and if i click Start Account Management, it tries to update my console with xbox live, which then update fails and says to check if the disk is dirty of damaged (which its not) and then i click OK and it goes to a black screen. Ive had my current live for about 11 months now, so the message is probably them telling me my time is running out or something, and i guess i could restore the normal xbox dashboard, but im wondering if there is anything easier that i could do?

2. David5534

David5534 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Setup a dual boot with M$ dash and boot into that then try to update.

3. OP
    whocares5521

whocares5521 Newbie

Ratings:
    how might i setup a dual boot? cuz no matter what i do it always loads into unleashx, and the only way to get to the M$ dashboard is to go through unleashx, in which case the light is still red, and it still wont update.

4. David5534

David5534 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    What installer did you use for your soft mods?
    1. Go back to your linux installer (the game you soft modded with)
    2. Choose Multiboot
    3. Pick "Dual Boot" and then select the ms dash as your second dash (use the eject button to boot into ms dash)

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    whocares5521

whocares5521 Newbie

Ratings:
    nevermind i fixed it, i just had to go into sid4 and restore ms dash, although i wouldnt have thought to go into the installer if it wasnt for you so thank you. i am also really glad i backed-up the dash.

6. W i s d o m

W i s d o m Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you just run on your normal dash you can connect to live. (assuming you have a subscription to live)

If you have a modded dash it blocks you from live as a security reasons. Be glad its their lol so your not perm banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.